Administration Specialist Job Department of Corrections Wilsonvilleby admin on more than 30 days
Department of Corrections Jobs 2020Description :
Initial Posting Date:07/30/2020
Agency:Department of Corrections
Position Title:Administration Specialist 1 (Wilsonville)
Job Description:Administration Specialist 1– ( Wilsonville, Oregon ) Offender Information & Sentence Computation Oregon Department of Corrections
Are you looking to join a team of passionate professionals? Apply today and begin your career as an Administration Specialist.
The Oregon Department of Corrections (ODOC) seeks to employ career-oriented candidates and offers employment opportunities in a wide variety of challenging occupations. ODOC’s mission is to promote public safety by holding offenders accountable for their actions and reducing the risk of future criminal behavior.
This position is represented by American Federations of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME). This position may be eligible for Police & Fire (P&F) benefits through Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), as defined by statute.Duties in Detail
As an Administration Specialist 1 in Offender Information & Sentence Computation (OISC) Institution Records office, you will manage and coordinate the process of all OISC institution records office including security, maintenance, and court processes and data management as well as provide administrative support for the OISC Central unit in an office management. Receives, reviews, processes, and follows-up on all documents, report, and forms received. Evaluate for completion, compliance, and accuracy with established criteria; determine, interpret, and explain applications needed based on applicable Oregon Revised Statues, Oregon Administrative Rules, OISC Policy and/or Institution Policy and distribute to and advise the appropriate persons, department, or file. Includes follow-up with appropriate parties when action is needed.
Respond to subpoenas, court orders, and written and telephonic request for public records/information. Includes need to evaluate and review request for offender information and research applicable rules to determine whether records are exempt from discourse in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and/or regulations. Independent judgment is required to analyze and apply precedents and instructions received from department legal counsel. Review, redact, and forward public information responses to attorneys, inmate families, other state and federal agencies, and general public.
In this position you will work Adults in Custody (AIC) who are close to release to assist them in ordering copies of their birth certificate and social security card.
The position is a floater and will cover scheduled and unscheduled absences in the Portland and Salem area institutions – Columbia River Correctional Institution, Oregon State Correctional Institution, Oregon State Penitentiary, and Santiam Correctional Institution.Minimum Qualifications
Three years of clerical/secretarial experience that included:
- Two years at a full performance level performing typing, word processing, or other generation of documents AND
- Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
Courses or training in Office Occupations or Office Technology may be substituted for up to one year of the clerical/secretarial experience.
No substitution will be made for the two years at the full performance level.Requested Skills in
- Dependable and flexible
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to work independently
- Maintaining a complex filing system
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Making independent judgments to make decisions
- Managing and working with confidential information
- Interpret and apply rules, statutes, policies and LEDS reports
- Valid driver’s license
- LEDS certification
Applications must include a cover letter, no more than two pages, clearly addressing your experience working as it pertains to the following:
- Working with confidential information
- Reviewing, reading, and interpreting statues, rules, policies, and LEDS reports
- Making independent judgments to make decisions
- Maintaining a complex filing system
Applicants must update their Workday job experiences. Applications submitted without updating applications on Workday may not be considered.
Only the candidates whose experience most closely matches the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
In the Work Experience section of your online application clearly describe your experience as it relates to the minimum and special qualifications, requested skills, and/or desired attributes. Be sure to demonstrate you have obtained any skills requested or required through education, work experience, or by showing you have transferable skills (i.e., skills obtained through military education or experience) that substantially relate to this position.
Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration. A resume will not substitute for completing the work experience section of your application.Working Conditions
This position is located at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility and may work in close contact with adults in custody and may be exposed to hostile situations or incidents. You will work in an office environment where conversations and paperwork are generated of a sensitive nature daily and must possess the ability to keep this information confidential. In this position you may experience extended sitting time at a computer terminal, involvement in telephone conversations, research in manuals, writing various documents, climbing ladders, bending, stooping and stretching to reach/obtain/maintain AIC’s files. The position is a floater and will cover scheduled and unscheduled absences in the Portland and Salem area institutions listed above. Incumbent is responsible for the operation of security alarms, tools, and key control. Work may be done with other units within the institution inside the secure perimeter. You will need to be able to lift, maneuver, and move boxes with or without reasonable accommodations.Requirements for Employment
You must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following convictions are likely to result in being disqualified for this position: felony convictions, computer theft, identify theft and fraud. CJIS clearance is done at the conditional job offer.The Selection Process – We expect to
- Initial review of minimum qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Consideration of top candidatesRecruitment will review and refer the top candidates to the hiring manager.
- There will be interviews and/or testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
- Background check and reference checksAll finalists must pass a thorough a criminal record check and reference check.
The salary range listed above is for non-PERS qualifying applicants. PERS qualifying applicants may be eligible for an adjusted range. The provides a generous benefit package, which includes family health and dental insurance, optional short and long-term disability and term life insurance – all of which can be tailored to individual needs. Also provided are fully paid retirement program, modest life insurance policy, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Position may be eligible for Police & Fire (P&F) benefits through Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), as defined by statute.Additional Information
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is embedded in the Department of Corrections core values. The department strives to be a model employer committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ensuring legal compliance, efficiency, and exceeding expectations to deliver the best public services.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference.
ODOC is responsible for complying with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA 42 U.S.C. 1997). PREA prohibits the Oregon Department of Corrections from hiring, promoting, or contracting with anyone (that will have direct contact with residents) who has engaged in, been convicted of, or been civilly or administratively adjudicated for engaging in sexual abuse in confinement settings. For more information regarding PREA please visit: United States Department of Justice .Veterans’ Preference
Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility . Please note – if you checked you are a veteran, you will be asked to upload your documents later in the application process, after you have applied.Questions
If you have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter, Maria Arellano and reference number: REQ-45597.
The fine print:
- Warning! The system will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process – you cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- Workday performs weekly maintenance Friday evenings and the system may be down for several hours. Please plan accordingly.
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as your related work experience, education, and overall professionalism of your application materials.
- Do not attach extra documents. We will only review documents requested in the posting.
- ODOC does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
- This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
- Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process and used in future vacancies. This process is subject to change without notice. The pay and benefits on all announcement may change without notice.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.