Registered Nurse Job Wellpath Sheridanby admin on more than 30 days
Wellpath Job Vacancies 2021Description :
- Daily Pay Option.
- Supportive Environment.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Serve the Underserved.
- Competitive Pay.
As a Nurse, you'll treat patients who typically go without access to health care. For patients that reside in a corrections or psychiatric hospital environment, the friendly, compassionate and nonjudgmental interaction that you provide can be a highlight in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join today.
Our Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
Education for Registered Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience for Registered Nurse:
- One (1) or more years of clinic experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications for Registered Nurse:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in which you work, or a valid compact state nurse license.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Reviews nursing plans to ensure data collected, nursing diagnoses, and proposed nursing care plans are relative and confirm with authorized policy and procedures.
- Reviews medical records to ensure nursing practice provided is within boundaries of State guidelines and all nursing recordings are in legible SOAP format to include the date, time, signature and discipline.
- Ensures all referrals for consultation, treatment or resolution of problems are valid and applicable to the documented nursing plans.
- Monitors the nursing service, ensuring the provision of progressive patient care plans, employing the total team approach including patient teaching and self-care.
- Assists the DON to ensure that the technical and clinical skills of the Registered Nurses are current that they function within the scope of their license, and nursing actions are not delegated to another provider for which that person is not prepared or qualified.
- Follows through and documents all findings, corrections or counseling for all nursing incidents, medication errors, inmate complaints and forwards to the Director of Nursing for disposition.
- Identifies potential problems, establishes priorities, initiates effective problem solving based on clinical knowledge and informs Director of Nursing of proposed corrective actions.
- Ensures the Director of Nursing is informed of any concerns raised by the nursing staff regarding the questionable lack of appropriate medical intervention for the realization of established patient goals.
- Maintains composure in stressful situations, aware of own limitations and seeks guidance as necessary from the Director of Nursing.
- Assumes administrative and clinical call on a scheduled basis when requested.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, will assume the responsibility of his/her position when requested.
- Develops monthly staffing schedule for review and approval by the Director of Nursing. Ensures the staffing levels adhere to the contractual requirements and staff requests for vacation or special time off is granted whenever possible.
- Assists the DON as needed to ensure an accurate account of monthly staffing and statistics as required by the contract.
- Assists in the orientation and on-the-job training for all new employees assigned to the unit.
- Ensures employees are assigned duties and responsibilities to the level of their expertise, license or certification.
- As delegated by the Director of Nursing, annually evaluates the performance of supervised staff according to established policy and procedure.
- As assigned conducts staff meetings for all supervised health care providers to identify problems, propose solutions, set goals.
- Assists in the collection of monthly statistics as assigned.
- Reviews, monitors, and maintains a perpetual inventory of all contraband and tool counts; investigates and reconciles any discrepancies and reports findings to the Director of Nursing.
- Cleanliness, maintenance, sanitation and appearance of unit and appropriately notifies security of any infractions needing correction or attention.
- Coordinates patient care with other departments, including but not limited to, intake admission, transfers, infirmary admissions, off-site hospital admission, in-house referrals, off-site referrals, periodic and annual physicals, mandatory release, parole, and patient teaching.
- Assists the DON in ensuring that appropriate levels of stock for pharmacy, medical supplies, and laboratory supplies are maintained. Provides for preventive maintenance for all medical equipment as appropriate, and initiates the procedure for repair as indicated.
- Assists in the maintenance of a professional atmosphere in the nursing unit as well as a high standard of patient care.
- Sets a good example for the staff through regular attendance, arriving promptly on time for duty, being appropriately dressed well groomed, adhering to the dress code, and displaying the identification badge appropriately and being neat and well-groomed.
- Attends monthly institutional staff meetings as directed by the DON or Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Service Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply today to learn more about joining the team!
is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Patients are at the center of everything we do. With nearly 15,000 clinicians and professionals in 36 states across the U.S. and Australia, delivers high-quality medical and behavioral healthcare services to nearly 300,000 patients located in inpatient and residential treatment facilities, civil commitment centers, and local, state and federal correctional facilities.We deliver care in a variety of clinical environments, from local government correctional facilities that look like Urgent Care Clinics/Emergency Rooms, to state government facilities more focused on Chronic Care Management, to behavioral hospitals focused on caring for people who suffer from mental illness. In all settings, our doctors, nurses, mental health clinicians, and staff work tirelessly to implement evidence-based clinical best practices with the goal of compassionately improving the medical and behavioral healthcare outcomes of our patients.We believe in transforming public health by delivering hope and healing to those who need it most.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Wellpath on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.