Library Circulation Assistant Part-time Job Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Fort Worthby admin on November 27, 2020
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Position Title: Library Circulation Assistant
Department: Circulation, Roberts Library
FLSA Status: Hourly
Submissions without completed application WILL NOT be considered.
Standard of Christian Commitment
The divine mission of the Seminary mandates that all personnel must demonstrate a commitment to the purposes of the Seminary. Every employee shall be an active member of a local church of believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that conduct becoming a follower of Jesus Christ will be portrayed in the community.
- Manage the Circulation department when a staff Librarian is not on-site. Serve as assistant to the full-time Librarians in helping with any Library needs.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Helping patrons at the desk is the first priority.
- Managing the Circulation department when a staff Librarian is not on-site. This includes maintaining the front-desk schedule, clarifying library policies, and coordinating Circulation activities.
- Process Interlibrary Loan, Mobius, and TexShare material.
- Performing Circulation activities such as checking in and checking out books, shelving books and re-shelving books, and maintaining class reserves as needed.
- Assisting staff Librarians with the mailing items to patrons.
- Any other special projects as needed or as requested by the Public Services Librarian.
- Assist customers in the Seminary Hill Bookstore when the bookstore director is not available.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and specific to area of responsibility
Skills / Requirements
- Competencies and abilities required to accomplish tasks as it applies to the needs of Roberts Library.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit exemplary social skills and ensure considerate interactions with all members and guests.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Exhibit a humble, patient, and collaborative spirit in order to create a healthy and vibrant work culture for the staff team.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Expectation to strive for personal and professional growth in leadership and general ministry effectiveness.
Qualifications / Education:
- Minimum of high school graduation
- Some Library experience preferred
- Successful completion of background check, MVR, and credit check may be required.
- An understanding of and Scarborough College
- Reports to the Dean of Libraries
- Position requires decisions made in regard to library circulation matters when a full-time staff Librarian is not available in the office
Exposure to Confidential Information
- The Circulation worker is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of patrons’ personal information. Discretion is needed when dealing with all situations.
- Physical able to sit and stand for long periods of time,
- Able to use computer and move about office to interact with other staff members,
- Able to attend meetings on site,
- Able to bend and/or stoop,
- Able to climb and lift up to 20 pounds to perform tasks that may be assigned in the course of operations.
- Must be able to perform occasional overhead reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, and kneeling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel, crouch, climb and balance, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.