ED Tech 1 Job WellStar Health System Inc Austellby admin on November 16, 2020
WellStar Health System Inc Job Vacancies 2020Description :
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Emergency Department (ED) Technician Level I is a multi-skilled caregiver who functions under the direction of the professional Registered Nurse. Provides safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing the following patient care functions and technical procedures: vital signs, 12-lead EKG, bedside blood sugar testing, superficial wound care, oral suctioning, splint application, instruction of safe ambulation with crutches. Must understand and practice aseptic technique when required: urethral catheterization; sterile tray preparation; dressing applications and all phlebotomy. Must be able to operate and observe cardiac monitors to ensure recognition of arrhythmias (site specific Kennestone ED), as well as operate pulse oximetry monitors. Requires knowledge of all specialty instruments and trays, including trauma resuscitation equipment and set-up, ENT trays, special procedure trays. Transports patients, unit supplies, equipment, and patient medications. Assures patient care area is appropriately stocked with supplies. Monitors patients in restraint/seclusion and documents observations. Performs other duties deemed necessary to ensure delivery of patient care.
ED Tech 1 Emergency Department Cobb Hospital Full Time Nights
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified nursing assistant certification, graduate of an accredited Emergency Medical Technician program or a nursing student who has successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited nursing program. Other experience may be considered at the Directors discretion
- One year of patient care experience in physician's office, pre-hospital or acute care setting preferred
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Proficiency with desktop computer required
- Demonstrate willingness to be a team-player and a self-starter required
- Proficiency obtaining vital signs using manual processes required
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.