Membership Services Representative Job YMCA of Northern Rock County Janesvilleby admin on more than 30 days
YMCA of Northern Rock County Jobs 2020Description :
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Deliver professional and positive customer service through relationship building, promotion and sales of Y programs and services. Welcomes new members by processing all membership paperwork and sales.
- Minimum 1 year customer service and/or administrative experience or education in business administration, preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ability to work independently, and problem solve.
- Knowledge of computers, telephones, navigate software, basic office equipment, cash handling and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Certifications that must be obtained and maintained within first 90 days: Child Abuse Prevention, Blood borne Pathogens, Hazard Communication.
- Willingness to attend meetings, training, and obtain additional certification as requested.
- Provide welcoming environment; professionally answering phone and greeting people entering or leaving with a smile and enthusiasm. Learn and use member names.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of all Y programs and services; promote participation and accurately respond to inquiries.
- Collect, wash and fold laundry.
- Provide member service that includes, but is not limited to: facility entry check-in, answering phones, membership and program registration, member inquiries, and end-of-shift balancing.
- Provide administrative assistance as assigned to the Membership Department, including but not limited to: data entry, correspondence, producing reports, and records management.
- Possess knowledge of emergency procedures as they relate to calling 911, informing MOD of weather, medical, or facility emergencies and performing related functions as required by emergency staff.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Advancing Our Mission & Cause
- Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting them, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
- Recognizes and articulates that the Y is a not-for-profit, charitable organization committed to serving the entire community.
- Seeks to understand and support change efforts.
- Tells the Y story in regular interactions with members.
- Shows appreciation and respect for the time, talent, and contributions of all volunteers.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Interprets messages and body language effectively.
- Listens with the intent to understand the perspective of others by using appropriate communication methods, including open-ended questions.
- Responds to the individual needs of the other person.
- Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
- Delivers a high-quality experience to members, participants, or project teams.
- Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in the technology associated with the job.
- Improvises quickly and appropriately when faced with unexpected circumstances.
- Serves with purpose and passion.
Developing & Inspiring People
- Acts in alignment with personal and organizational values in all situations.
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- Reflects on and learns from successes and mistakes.
- Proactively shares information, experiences, lessons learned, and suggestions to help others be more successful.
- Operates with openness and a willingness to receive ongoing feedback from all levels of the organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 - $9.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to YMCA of Northern Rock County website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.