Staff Accountant Job AvMed Health Plans Gainesvilleby admin on April 19, 2020
AvMed Health Plans Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Embrace better opportunities.
Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. From tuition reimbursement to exercise classes in the office, embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Staff Accountant
Scope of position: As a key member of the Accounting Department, this position is responsible for performing basic accounting activities and analysis focused around the month-end, and year-end, close and financial reporting processes. This includes understanding and applying accounting principles and company practices and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely internal and external financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures, as well as development of analytical reporting for management.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years relevant financial accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
You May Also Have:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High competency in technical and professional accounting skills; experience in managed care accounting preferred not required.
- High attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assess and assimilate information and data and to think conceptually
- Ability to quickly learn accounting software and administration skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all levels within the Company.
- High level of computer literacy, including spreadsheet and database development and usage (Microsoft Excel and Access proficiency required).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Team player
- Ability to use personal computers in a client/server environment.
- Ability to use copiers and other traditional office equipment.
- Ability to use and interact effectively on the telephone.
At AvMed, you’ll find a family. Our Associates love all the opportunities for advancement, the flexible work environment and team activities. We also encourage our Associates to embrace a life rich in what matters most — health and happiness. We call it being WELLfluent. Join AvMed. Join the WELLfluent!
AvMed is a tobacco/drug free workplace, EOE
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field
- Masters or better in Accounting
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from AvMed Health Plans on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.