Ecologist GS-0408-09 (DEU-Term-RRM) Job US Department of the Interior Fremontby admin on May 22, 2020
US Department of the Interior Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Identify San Francisco Bay migratory bird species.
- Research on avian ecology and estuarine systems.
- Operate small motorized water craft in San Francisco Bay.
- Collect field data with multiple instruments.
- Write comprehensive reports on study findings and recommendations.
- Supervise field crews and work with collaborators to schedule work across multiple projects.
- Job family (Series)
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year trial period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver's license & safe driving record.
- Selectee subject to successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam.
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
- You will be required to operate a government-owned or -leased vehicle in the performance of your official duties. Applicants for this position must meet the following requirements: (1) possess a valid State license, and (2) possess a safe driving record. If selected, you will be required to provide proof of a valid State license & a copy of your driving record.
- Taking and passing a pre-employment medical examination at Federal expense is required due to the physical demands of this job.
- Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Field work involves moderate or sometimes extreme exposure to rain, snow, cold/hot weather, rapidly running or icy streams and rivers, mosquitoes and working in bear country. Lifting and carrying of equipment up to 100 pounds when in the field.Qualifications
For information on basic qualifications, which includes information on whether you may substitute education for specialized experience, please click on the following: https://www.usgs.gov/about/organization/science-support/human-capital/ecologist-gs-0408.
In addition to the basic education requirement, applicants must meet one of the following to qualify for the GS-09 level:
Examples of GS-7 level work may include: 1) assisting in planning, organizing/implementing scientific investigations; 2) performing data analyses on portions of larger investigations; 3) participating in organizing and interpreting biological, ecological, pathological, public use, or other pertinent research information. **OR a combination of successfully completed graduate level education, as described above, that is beyond the first year of progressive graduate study, and professional experience, as described above.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement.Education
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://www.usgs.gov/about/organization/science-support/human-capital/how-foreign-education-evaluated-federal-jobs .
This vacancy is limited to the first 35 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
- Applicants who include vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate language or information in their application package will be ineligible for further consideration for this position.
- Under Executive Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) may compete for civil service jobs. Agencies are permitted to hire non-citizens only in very limited circumstances where there are no qualified citizens available for the position.
- USGS employees are subject to Title 43, USC Section 31(a) and may not: (a) have any personal, private, direct or indirect interest in lands or mineral wealth of lands under survey; (b) have any substantial personal, private, direct or indirect interests in any private mining or mineral enterprise doing business with the United States; or (c) execute surveys or examinations for private parties or corporations.
- The application contains information subject to the Privacy Act (P.L. 93-579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
- DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- -Vacancy Related Questions: As part of the online application process, you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge skills, abilities and/or competencies: Scientific Knowledge, Collect Scientific Data, Scientific Instrumentation, Program/Project Management, Leadership & Supervision, Interpersonal Communication.
- -Basis of rating: Category rating will be used in the ranking and selection process for this position. The quality categories are Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you are eligible, your on-line responses to the application questions will determine your placement in the appropriate quality category described above. Your responses must be substantiated by your resume. If you do not respond to the application questions you may be rated ineligible. Veterans' preference rules for category rating will be applied.
- -NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application, or that your resume or application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- -This position requires specific educational course work to qualify, or you are qualifying based in whole or part on education, you are required to provide all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate, graduate, etc.) or list of course work, which includes semester hours earned and grade received, by the closing date of this announcement or you will be disqualified from further consideration. This proof may be faxed, document uploaded, or hand delivered to the servicing Human Resources Office (see "Required Documents" and/or "Contact Information"). Please ensure that all documentation is legible.
- -If you are claiming veterans' preference you must provide a legible copy of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, member 4 copy or any official documentation or statement from the Armed Forces that confirms your dates of service and that your separation, discharge, or release from active duty was under honorable conditions (i.e., Honorable or General Discharge). Note: If you have more than one DD-214 for multiple periods of active duty, submit a copy for each period of service.
- -If you are currently on active military duty, you must provide documentation (e.g., campaign document, award citation, etc.), that verifies entitlement to veterans’ preference and that your character of military service is honorable.
- -If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, in addition to the documents specified above, you must also submit documentation that supports your claim, e.g., an official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs (dated 1991 or later) or from a branch of the Armed Forces certifying the existence of a service-connected disability, or the award of the Purple Heart, etc. The overall rating must be identified on your certification letter or separation orders.
- -Documentation must be received by the closing date shown in this vacancy announcement. If you fail to submit any of the required documentation, you will not be granted veterans’ preference. Additional information on veterans' preference can be found in the VetGuide.
- -If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, the Servicing Human Resources Office must receive proof by the closing date of this announcement that you meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330 Subpart F for CTAP and 5 CFR 330 Subpart G for ICTAP or you will not receive priority consideration. This includes a copy of the agency notice, your most recent Performance Rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Required documents may be faxed, uploaded, or hand delivered to the servicing Human Resources Office (see "Contact Information"). If you are a CTAP or ICTAP eligible, you will be considered well qualified if you earn a minimum score of 85 (prior to the assignment of veteran's preference points). For more information on CTAP/ICTAP please click here.
- -Required documents may be: 1)faxed to the Agency Contact (see "Contact Information") 2)uploaded directly from your desktop 3)uploaded directly from your USAJOBS stored attachments 4)hand delivered to the servicing Human Resources Office (see 'Contact Information').
- -Auto-Requested Fax: allows you to submit required documentation that will be electronically displayed along with your resume.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
USGS has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework in accordance with the DOI Telework policy and with supervisor approval. The official worksite for the selectee is the duty station identified in this vacancy announcement. The selectee will typically report to this duty location on a regular and recurring weekly basis.
- For additional information on our internal telework policy, please reference the Department of the Interior Telework Handbook at: https://www.doi.gov/telework/policies.
- Working for the U.S. Geological Survey offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; health, life, dental, vision, and long term care insurance, flexible spending accounts, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $64,535 (Step 01) to $83,897 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As an Ecologist within the Western Ecological Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
Occasional travelOccasional travel on 1-2 nights per month may be required.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
For more detail information, please refer official source from US Department of the Interior on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.