Administrative Assistant Job Rush Copley Medical Center Auroraby admin on more than 30 days
Rush Copley Medical Center Recruitment 2021Description :
Medical Staff Office Administrative Assistant
Functions as the center of the medical staff office communication flow, maintains the general office environment, providing document processing/management, meeting coordination, management assistance and project support for the medical staff office, physician services and Medical Staff.
Position Performance Area/Expectations:
Meeting Coordination and Support
- Coordinates all aspects of departmental and committee meetings as assigned; schedules meeting room, room set-up, audiovisual and dietary needs; notifies members of activities; attends meetings and accurately records and transcribes business of the meeting; distributes all written materials to attendees, maintains appropriate membership and attendance records; assists Chair with agenda preparation; assures appropriate follow-up of outstanding items.
- Family Medicine Department
- Internal Medicine Department
- Pediatrics Department
- Pediatric Steering Committee
- Surgery Department
- OB/Gyne Department
- Ancillary Services Department
- EDAP Committee
- Blood Usage Committee
- Trauma Committee
- Endoscopy Committee
- Ethics Committee
- PNT Committee
- Trauma Committee
- Critical Care Committee
- Perinatal Advisory Committee
- Provides support for Medical Staff Department and Committee Chairs.
- Functions as the “hub” of the departmental communication flow; answers and screens incoming phone calls/visitors and phone mail, relays accurate messages to appropriate hospital staff, responds to requests for information, and follows through on all calls/requests to complete resolution.
- Processes all incoming/outgoing mail from proper mailroom preparation to retrieval, and distributes mail to staff on a timely basis.
- Maintains office supply inventory; initiates supply purchasing through SPD and Material Management; ensures access of supplies by team members.
- Processes check requests in a timely manner, prepares written check request, obtains appropriate signatures and account codes, maintains reference file and delivers to Accounts Payable.
- Maintains medical staff meeting schedules and calendars.
- Supports department as needed in development and preparation of documents and special projects as requested.
- Actively participates in Medical Staff Office meetings, contributes to the identification of problems and resolution of issues.
- Contributes to the general functions within the Medical Staff Office
- Accurately prepares documents, reports, and correspondence in appropriate format utilizing Word processing, Excel Spreadsheet, Presentation and/or Data Base application.
- Collects and computes accurate data for report generation as requested.
- Determines methods of tracking physician information accurately and electronically.
- Develops and implements effective electronic general office filing/retrieval systems.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years administrative assistant experience with an emphasis on executive or medical staff support.
- Strong business writing/composition skills; knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Strong keyboarding abilityminimum 60 words per minute required.
- Shorthand, speedwriting or other method of rapid note taking essential.
- Proficiency in Windows based computer software, which may include: Word processing, Excel Spreadsheet, Presentation and Data Base software applications. Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Pleasant, effective verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to work independently and accurately, with critical thinking, follow through and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to focus and perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be organized with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work and exhibit strong customer service skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good problem solving skills.
Location: · Medical Staff
Schedule: Full-time, First shift, Monday-Friday, 730am-4pm
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Rush Copley Medical Center system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.