Intermediate Clerical Assistant Job Downey Unified School Districtby admin on July 1, 2020
Downey Unified School District Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- The work calendars for anticipated openings can range from 10 to 12 months per year, working up to 40 hours per week.
- The recruitment will be run as Promotional Only, meaning it is only open to current permanent employees and employees on the reemployment list.
- This will result in the creation of a hiring Eligibility List for successful internal candidates which will be merged with the existing promotional list to be used to fill open positions during the life of the list.
- Only online applications will be accepted: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/downey
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Any combination equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school including or supplemented by business courses.
- One year clerical experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Some positions in this class may be required to obtain a First Aid Certificate within the probationary period, as well as meeting requirements to keep certificate current.
- Some positions may require a valid California driver's license.
- Some positions in this class may be required to utilize a second designated language.
- modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- record keeping techniques
- correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- telephone techniques and etiquette
- interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- perform a variety of clerical duties involving typing, duplicating, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a school or District function
- learn and apply laws, rules, regulations involved in assigned clerical activities
- understand and follow oral and written directions
- operate a variety of office equipment including computer terminal and dictation equipment as required
- meet schedules and time lines
- maintain records and prepare reports; communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- train and provide work direction to others
- work cooperatively with others
- complete work with many interruptions
- demonstrate mental acuity sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position
- demonstrate empathy, friendliness, patience and responsibility
- be motivated to produce high quality work product
- maintain a work pace appropriate to the position
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of responsible clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a school or District function.
- Perform a variety of responsible clerical duties related to an assigned office or function
- Type letters, memorandum, bulletins, reports, schedules, lists, forms or other materials from straight copy or rough draft; review typed materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established procedures; perform receptionist duties and answer telephones
- Perform receptionist duties and answer telephones; take and relay messages; greet students and the public and provide routine information; direct inquiries to the appropriate person or office; make phone calls to request, provide or verify information as directed
- Train and provide work direction to student workers as assigned
- Maintain a variety of logs, records and files related to assigned office
- Assure the timely duplication and distribution of a variety of records, reports and other materials as directed
- administer first aid to ill and injured students in accordance with established procedures
- Schedule appointments and meetings and maintain various schedules and calendars
- Sort and distribute incoming U.S. and intra-District mail; distribute various forms and provide information and assistance to students, parents, the public and staff regarding their completion in an accurate and timely manner; maintain supply and material inventory of assigned area as required
All communications from DUSD regarding testing and/or interviews will be sent via email.
Given the current COVID-19-related closures of our offices and schools, examinations and interviewing will likely be done virtually using different online/internet platforms that require video recording or conferencing capabilities as well as access to basic Microsoft Office Suite software.WORKING CONDITIONS
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal, typewriter and other office equipment; hearing and speaking to exchange information, in person or on the telephone; and seeing to read and type reports from detailed copy and maintain files and records.
Part-time Employees earn up to:
- 1 paid vacation day per 1 full month of employment
- 1 paid sick leave day per 1 full month of employment with unlimited accumulation
- and paid holidays
The District offers two excellent medical plans, Blue Shield and Kaiser Permanente; two dental plans, Delta Dental and MetLife SafeGuard; and vision care through Vision Service Plan (VSP). All plans are available to the employee and their dependents. This coverage is available to employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Intermediate Clerical Assistant Downey July 2020 Downey Unified School District above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Downey below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.