Medical Assistant (Part-Time) Job Planned Parenthood Tennessee amp North Mississippi Memphisby admin on more than 30 days
Planned Parenthood Tennessee & North Mississippi Careers 2020 - Planned Parenthood Tennessee & North Mississippi call a new worker to apply Medical Assistant (Part-Time) that will be placed in Memphis.
Planned Parenthood Tennessee & North Mississippi Job Vacancies 2020Description :
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi is one of Tennessee's oldest and largest private, non-profit health care agencies. For over 75 years, PPTNM has remained committed to providing high-quality, affordable reproductive services and education throughout Tennessee, north Mississippi, and parts of Arkansas and Kentucky. We have four health center locations in TennesseeMemphisMidtown, MemphisSummer/I-240, Knoxville and Nashville.
Our mission is to improve health and well-being by providing high-quality, nonjudgmental sexual health care, honest and accurate sexuality education, and reproductive health and rights advocacy.
The Health Care Assistant plays a vital role for PPTNM to provide exemplary healthcare to our loyal and supportive population. Under the direct supervision of the Health Center Manager, the Health Care Assistant delivers high-quality care, their responsibilities include but are not limited to patient assessment, patient education, laboratory duties, instrument sterilization, procedure room set up and assistance, accurate medical record documentation, ensuring the clinic flows properly, and supporting health center efforts to achieve productivity and revenue goals. The HCA/CMA also ensures the daily operations will comply with Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) protocols as well as all appropriate local, state and federal regulations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and ability to work with confidential information are essential. Excellent oral, written communication, organizational skills, and computer skills including knowledge of clinic management software (NextGen) is essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists clients through processing and prepares them for exams or procedures.
- Prepares exam rooms prior to clinic and after each exam according to OSHA guidelines and PPTNM protocols regarding exposure and infection control.
- Assists or performs laboratory duties including phlebotomy and routine blood, urinalysis and pregnancy tests.
- Documents test results and intake interview information in the client's chart.
- Prepares and packages with appropriate documentation specimens for shipping to pathology laboratories according to the laboratory requirements. Places in shipping location for pick up.
- Scrubs and autoclaves equipment and instruments according to PPTNM protocols and local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains and files medical records ensuring confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Assesses special procedures and supply clients, takes vital signs and assists clinicians with exams as needed.
- Assists or acts as receptionist/phone operator when needed, answering and triaging telephone calls and directing callers appropriately. Interviews clients, determines nature of visit, verifies and updates client demographic and insurance information, entering information correctly into the computer system and chart. Schedules appointments and provides necessary information for visit, confirms appointments when appropriate and follows up as required.
- Develops and maintains a positive work climate and contributes to the overall team effectiveness of PPTNM with demonstrable leadership skills. Represents PPTNM in the community in a positive and progressive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate's Workplace Values.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work with others to develop a team atmosphere.
- Familiarity with medical practice software as well as MS, Excel and Word.
- Availability to work flexible hours including Saturdays
- A strong commitment to the organization's mission, goals, delivery of high quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Health Care Assistant Certification, AA degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is required.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years of experience in a direct customer service setting or medical setting involving cash receipts. One year or more in health care setting.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Limited voluntary benefit offerings to PT employees
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity
- Plum Benefits & Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.