RECEPTIONIST Job Fort Bend Independent School District Sugar Landby admin on more than 30 days
Fort Bend Independent School District Job Vacancies 2021Description :
- High school diploma or GED, including or supplemented by commercial/business course work
- Some successful general clerical experience
- Good knowledge of business office procedures, practices, and equipment, appropriate phone receptionist procedures, phone and telephone board/equipment operations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to type at approved rate of speed, operate personal computers is highly desirable, preferred or required at some assignments. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, and perform general clerical tasks. Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with the public, school system staff and fellow employees
- Possesses a congenial personality with the ability to converse in a professional manner in all situations
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal relations skills
Fine motor skills required to operate telephonic equipment at assignment. Excellent vocal characteristics. Most tasks are performed in a sedentary work environment. Attributes include those required in normal, everyday activities including sitting, walking, standing, bending and reaching. Ability to type/operate computer keyboard. Ability to transfer, move, and shelve supplies and materials weighing 20 pounds or less manually or with assistance. High volume of phone calls at times; work is subject to frequent interruptions. Assignment may involve contact with irate students, parents, or the public. Must be able to handle stressful situations as necessary.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Serve as receptionist for a school or department; provide a friendly and helpful atmosphere for visitors to the assigned building and directs incoming telephone calls in a courteous manner. While positions in this class may perform routine general clerical tasks, the assignment of school/departmental receptionist duties differentiates this class from all others in the clerical/secretarial series.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive a high volume of telephone calls and/or visitors to the school/office served, utilizing telephone “switchboard” equipment such as PBX system or more advanced telephonic transmission systems; maintains attractive and comfortable reception area
- Answer questions of callers according to district policy and takes messages for staff members
- Maintain alphabetical files of staff members' names, room locations and telephone extensions to expedite relaying of calls
- Keep records of toll charges and incoming collect calls for the business office
- Receive and report telephone problems to the telephone company as they arise.Greet all visitors courteously, determines their needs and directs them to the proper person
- Report immediately the presence in the building of any visitor who bypasses the reception desk and/or any suspicious activity or unusual behavior on the part of visitors
- May be assigned to assign/monitor student office assistants
- May order, receive, examine, and distribute supplies; reviews and channels mail to correct destinations; assists with processing records
- Perform other routine general clerical tasks, assisting other clerical/secretarial staff as assigned, utilizing standard office equipment as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
All Applicants Must:
1. Complete or update an Online applicationwork/employment history must be completed.
2. Select the position applied for in the “Employment Preferences/Add Position” section on the online application.
3. Upload a copy of high school diploma/college transcripts, if required for the position.
4. Upload a copy of Résumé.
Complete applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 16, 2020.
Pay Grade 402Salary according to experience and qualifications. To view pay structures, click here.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT(DAYS): 210
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
FBISD Human Resources
3119 Sweetwater Blvd.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Fort Bend Independent School District system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.