Labor Relations Specialist Job Beth Israel Deaconess HospitalPlymouth Plymouthby admin on more than 30 days
Beth Israel Deaconess HospitalPlymouth Job Vacancies 2021Description :
Under the direction of the Director Labor and Employee Relations, provides day to day consulting, mediation, facilitation and guidance regarding bargaining unit employment and labor issues, including but not limited to, contract administration, discipline, grievance resolution, collective bargaining, settlements and other labor/employee relations functions
- Provides consulting services to all organizational levels on labor and employee relations, including Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers.
- Mediates labor and employee relations problems by meeting with supervisors and employees to discover the source of the problem and facilitate resolution.
- Consults with in-house legal counsel and, when appropriate, on matters related to equitable treatment of employees and to minimize liability and litigation.
- Conducts investigations in a prompt, efficient, and impartial manner. Provide and maintain all relevant documentation and notes
- Administers the bargaining unit grievance process.
- Directs and develops strategy to coordinate bargaining unit layoffs, when appropriate, or other reduction in force plans; ensure involved parties receive appropriate guidance, support and information.
- Handles day to day responsibilities relating to union grievances and problem-solving, arbitration preparation, contract administration, settlement agreements with legal department, letter of understanding, and negotiations. Serves as member of management negotiating team and responsible for significant preparation for the bargaining process.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory labor-management relations between management and union.
- Provides educational courses and materials to supervisors, managers and HR representatives.
- Maintain strict adherence to the BID-Plymouth Confidentiality policy.
- Incorporate BID-Plymouth Standards of Behavior and Core Values into daily activities.
- Comply with all BID-Plymouth Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and BID-Plymouth.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Other Duties as assigned
- BS/BA or equivalent in related field
- Minimum of 4 years of hands on experience in the area of labor relations, including direct negotiations, contract administration, settlements, grievance handling and investigations
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as an HR Generalist required
- Health care experience strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Word and Excel ; experience with Labor Soft and Meditech a plus
- Content expert in areas of collaborative bargaining, alternative dispute resolutions, contract administration, grievance, arbitration and knowledge of similar state laws
- Strong investigative skills
- Ability to understand complex financial and workforce data
- Demonstrated track record of creative leadership in the development and articulation of labor policy and strategy
- Project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of employees
- Excellent commuinication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of laws governing employment
Location: · Human Resources
Schedule: Full time, Day shift, 40 hrs/wk; M-F
For more detail information, please refer official source from Beth Israel Deaconess HospitalPlymouth on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.