Office Supervisor -FT - Days Women #039 s Imaging Job DHR Health Edinburgby admin on April 30, 2020
DHR Health Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Reviewed by Senior Human Resources Business Partner:
Approved by Director of Human Resources:
EMPLOYEE’S FULL NAME: ________________________
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Non-Exempt
Our Mission is to improve the well-being of those we serve with a commitment to excellence: every patient, every encounter, every time.
Our Vision is to create a world-class health system to advance medicine and increase access for the communities we serve by empowering caregivers to heal through compassion, knowledge, innovation, integrated care and excellence.
(Description summary of position)
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Organizational skills are necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
Prefer hospital experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a healthcare setting as Radiology Registration Representative.
- Experience in a supervisory position is strongly preferred.
- Able to demonstrate competent levels of radiological procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology is strongly desired.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions.
- Must project a professional image
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Ensures the fiscal, operational and personnel practices are in compliance with DHR regulations.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the imaging center.
- Coordinates reception area activities for effective communication with all areas of the facility.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice.
- Accepts and relays messages effectively.
- Informs physician’s office of admissions and activities concerning admissions.
- Maintains and protects each patient’s right to confidentiality.
- Identifies emergencies and initiates appropriate response.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Assists in ordering and stocking clerical supplies.
- Assists in maintaining cost effectiveness by preventing waste of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the reception area.
- Performs interdepartmental errands when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining employee schedules as needed.
- Responsible for employee payroll issues and notifying payroll department.
- Accountable for ordering departmental supplies as necessary.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees.
- Assists with obtaining authorizations for Radiology procedures
- Assists with updating CPT codes
- Ensures that all front office processes are been enforced
- Ensures that all bank deposits are done daily
- Maintain monthly reports for all front office staff
- Ensures that all schedules are maximized at all times
- Assists with claim corrections for billing.
- Ensures staffing hours are minimized when patient volume is low.
- Provides continuous training and communicates changes to employees.
- Trains new employees in all aspects of their assigned job.
- Recommends changes in department policies and procedures to Practice Administrator.
- Leads in a way which motivates employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- Practice Administrator 2. Assistant Director of Radiology 3. Director of Radiology
4. Vice-President Of Imaging
Provide excellent customer service to all DHR customers. All employees are required to attend the DHR C.A.R.E.S program which outlines the Customer Service Principals including: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence through Knowledge and Safety & Social Conscience.
Employees must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement relative to his or her age.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: (ADA):
A. Essential Duties: Indicated by bold print within performance standards, preceding individual numbered criteria.
The following table provides physical requirements that will be associated with, but not limited to, this position:
Light/moderate lifting up to 20 lbs, from the floor to shoulder height.
Must be able to assist other employees with lifting more than 20 lbs.
Light/moderate carrying up to 20 lbs.
Pulling hand over hand
Reaching above shoulder
Dual simultaneous grasping
Depth Perceptions needed
Ability to see
Operating office equipment
Operating mechanical equipment
Ability to read and write
Ability to Count
Ability to hear verbal communication without aid
Operating Personal Vehicle
Ability to comprehend written/verbal communication
Other: Ability to deal with stress
B. Working Conditions: The individual spends over 95% of his/her time in an air-conditioned environment with varying exposures to noise. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The position does have low exposure to malodorous, infectious body fluids from patients and some minimal exposure to noxious smells from cleansing agents.
C. Occupational Exposure: This position has minimal to no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and is an OSHA Category III (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Person who performs these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
D. Aptitudes: HIGH 1 2 3 4 5 6 LOW
Intelligence: General learning ability: The ability to “catch on” or understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and make judgments. 3
Verbal: Ability to understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them, and to use them effectively. To comprehend language, to understand relationships between words, and to understand meanings of whole sentences and paragraphs. To present information or ideas clearly. 3
Numerical: Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately. 2
Spatial: Ability to comprehend forms in space and understands relationships of plane and solid objects. Frequently described as the ability to “visualize” objects or two or three dimensions, or to think visually of geometric forms. 2
Form Perception: Ability to perceive pertinent details and objects or in pictorial or graphic material to make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures and widths and lengths of lines. 3
Clerical Perception: Ability to receive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material. To observe differences in copy, to proofread words and numbers, and to avoid perceptual errors in arithmetic computation. 2
Motor Coordination: Ability to coordinate eyes and hands to fingers rapidly and accurately in making precise movements with speed. Ability to make a movement response accurately and quickly. 3
Finger Dexterity: Ability to move hands easily and skillfully. To work with fingers in placing and turning motions. 3
Manual Dexterity: Ability to move hands easily and skillfully. To work with hands in placing and turning motions. 3
Eye-Hand-Foot Coordination: Ability to move the hand and foot coordinately with each other in accordance with visual stimuli. 3
Color Discrimination: Ability to perceive and respond to similarities or differences in colors, shapes, or other values of the same or different color. To identify a particular color, or to recognize harmonious or contrasting color combinations, or to match color adequately. 3
I have read and reviewed my job description with my supervisor or designee and I understand the job I am expected to perform.
If applicable ____________ certification will be completed within _________ time frame of hire/transfer date.
Employee Signature: ________________________________ Date: ____________________
Transfer/Hire Date Effective: ________________________.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DHR leadership reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
For further information, please refer official source from DHR Health on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.