Streets Maintenance Worker Job City of Bellevueby admin on more than 30 days
City of Bellevue Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The Transportation Department Streets section is currently accepting on-line applications for a Street Maintenance Worker who is self-motivated and team-oriented. This person will be assigned to perform a wide variety of transportation system maintenance related duties including; the repair and maintenance of roadways, sidewalks and trails, street signs, guardrails, traffic control devices and markings, tree and vegetation management, street sweeping, emergency response including snow plowing, de-icing and sanding, and other duties in rights-of-way. Work is often performed in and near traffic and is often strenuous and repetitive given by clear instructions or direct supervision.
Our Transportation Department mission is to provide a safe and efficient transportation system that supports livable neighborhoods and a vital economy in partnership with the community. We take pride in being a dynamic, international and multicultural, future-focused, high performing city and department. We invest in our employees and encourage and reward employee growth and development. Our culture values and encourages quality communication, shared leadership and responsibility, innovation and integrity.
This is an entry level position and upon successful completion of a training matrix, the employee will advance to a Skilled Worker position: Salary Range: $4,822.81/month$6,061.21/month.
- Use excavators, backhoes, dump trucks, truck and trailer combinations, jackhammers, shovels and asphalt rakes, chain saws and weed eaters, bucket trucks, sign plotters, 2-way radios, forklifts, etc.
- Construct and repair asphalt and concrete sidewalks and curbs and asphalt roadway surfaces.
- Install and repair crosswalk and lane markings, raised pavement markings, and other traffic control devices.
- Install and repair street signs, traffic curbs, fences, safety railings and guardrails.
- Clear brush and weeds from city rights-of way by cutting, mowing, and spraying. Assess, prune or remove trees as directed.
- Operate street sweepers, mowers, chippers, snow plows, sanders and deicers.
- Conduct traffic control/flagging in the city’s rights-of-way.
- Respond to customer calls, communicate effectively with coworkers and outside customers.
- Maintain communication by means of portable radios, cell phones and pagers.
- Required to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis. City personnel have a duty to report when emergencies impact the health, safety, and/or mobility of City residents
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Eighteen months experience doing work involving repetitive tasks, heavy labor, outdoor work, etc.
- Basic mechanical skills/knowledge.
- 6 months work knowledge/experience in construction (road, structure or underground).
- Excellent customer service experience with the general public.
- Basic computer and keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams.
- General knowledge and ability to interpret maps, drawings, and records.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety procedures, work rules, and guidelines.
- Possess excellent verbal, listening, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions, have ability to prepare and present oral and written material regarding work activities, and maintain routine records.
- Must be able, willing, and available to work overtime (including nights and weekends) as well as alternative shifts as needed.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license by date of hire. Must have and maintain a good driving record by City Standards.
- Must be able to obtain a Washington State Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) combination with Air brake and possibly a tanker endorsement within six months of employment.
- Selected candidates must pass a pre-employment flexibility test and physical capacity test.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Prior to obtaining CDL, selected candidate must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test (consistent with Federal Laws requiring drug and alcohol testing for all job classifications requiring a CDL).
- In-house applicants who do not currently possess a CDL will be subject to the pre-employment drug and alcohol test in accordance with DOT rules and regulations.
- Must be able to obtain a WA Flagger’s Certificate within six months of employment.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs and engage in considerable pulling, pushing, and climbing.
- Work is done mostly outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions. Common hazards include traffic, chemicals, underground utilities and equipment.
- Individuals must have adequate hearing and visual acuity to successfully and safely perform the essential job responsibilities and requirements of the position. Individuals must be able to hear and understand verbal communications and other outside sound sources. Vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis and work alternate shifts as needed for seasonal or traffic needs.
- This is a Regular, Full-Time, Non Exempt, Union position.
How to Apply
Click "" to complete the application for this position. For further information about the job, please contact Rich Vereecken via email at [email protected] or at 425.452.4891.
Questions or issues regarding the on-line application process in NEOGOV should be directed to 855-524-5627.
The supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office, at 425-452-6838 or [email protected] If you are invited to participate in the selection process and need ADA accommodations, please notify HR before you are scheduled for an interview or testing.
For further information, please refer official source from City of Bellevue Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with City of Bellevue, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.