Maintenance Journeyman Job Searles Valley Minerals Tronaby admin on more than 30 days
Searles Valley Minerals Recruitment 2020Description :
provides customers worldwide with high quality soda ash, sodium sulfate, and boron products from a large saline mineral deposit in California s Mojave Desert. uses an environmentally friendly solution mining technology to extract mineral rich brines from over 25,000 acres of leased and owned reserves which it processes using proprietary technologies in three manufacturing facilities in Trona, California.
We are seeking a Maintenance Journeyman who may inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, replace, or build equipment, machinery, tools or products working within standards of accuracy and make decisions based on measurable criteria. This job typically focuses on a craft within one or two general areas – Mechanical or Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical (ICE). Maintenance Journeymen generally work in teams of two in the accomplishment of projects and assignments. This position is responsible for maintaining plant equipment to ensure SVM production goals are met, performs preventative maintenance, and uses troubleshooting skills to keep down time to a minimum. This position may also be required to operate a crane, with responsibilities listed in the Operator-Crane job description.
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, replace or build equipment, machinery, tools or products working within standards of accuracy to maintain continued production and result in high quality and reliable outcomes.
- Makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Ensure work orders are properly documented providing verification of steps of completion.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, or replace various types of plant equipment to minimize downtime.
For ICE area:
- Perform online and offline testing for both low and high voltage pumps and motors.
- Make complex repairs of systems and installation of parts.
- Maintain control valves, transmitters, sensors, motor controls, electrical switch gear, voltage levels, recorders and electric motors.
- Design and construct tubing and conduit runs for new installations.
- Provide support for Valley-wide electrical power systems.
- Construct and maintain nearly 200 miles of high voltage (6.9 kV to 13.8 kV) overhead power lines and 14 miles of buried cable servicing the plants and well fields [Lake Electricians Only]
For Mechanical area:
- Perform complex mechanical repairs and installations.
- Proficient in laser alignment and has the ability to perform dual revere alignments.
- Install, maintain and repair piping, pumps, valves, fans, dryers, conveyors and other mechanical equipment specific to each facility.
- Perform proper rigging practices and welding of pipe, structures and equipment to maintain production.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and during scheduled outages.
- Follow and monitor environmental procedures, processes and roles to improve environmental conditions.
- Be responsible for adhering to SSHE policies, procedures and programs, regulations and company directives, and actively participate in preventing unsafe acts.
- Understand the primary SSHE hazards and risks in the work area and the safeguards in place to manage those hazards and risks.
- Maintain an awareness of SSHE requirements for the specific work area.
- Immediately report all SSHE issues to the supervisor.
- Provide requested information during SSHE internal and external audits.
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licenses may include: class A, B or C license (may or may not include airbrake endorsement), Crane license, Electrician license or equivalencies.
- Certifications may include: Backhoe, Crane or Boom Truck, Forklift, Loader, Man Lift, Pump, Skid Steer, Zoom Boom or 6G Welding Certification.
- General understanding of predicative maintenance techniques.
- Analytical ability and expertise in maintaining rotating equipment and solving related problems.
- Electricians are required to be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Certification of removal and handling of asbestos is required for Lake Maintenance Journeymen (Mechanical).
- Proficiency in operation of a bucket truck and line truck is required for Lake Electricians.
- Requires normal or correctable vision, normal hearing, and manual dexterity.
- May regularly require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- May frequently require lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Primarily in physical plant and exposure to outdoor weather and loud noise.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, near fumes or airborne particles, in non-weather related conditions such as extreme heat, and may be subject to vibration.
- Frequently works in non-weather related conditions such as wet and/or humid.
- Occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasional risk of electrical shock.
- Percent Travel: None.
is a Responsible Care® Company that has a commitment to a culture of safety throughout its operations. We employ over 700 employees and contractors and operate continuously to safely and sustainably provide customers with quality products. We ship thousands of tons of high grade mineral product daily to major manufacturers in the US and worldwide. provides a competitive salary, a relocation package for some positions, and an outstanding employee benefit package that includes comprehensive medical and dental plans, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Life Insurance, paid time off, a 401k retirement savings program, and paid holidays. This compensation package coupled with a dynamic and challenging work environment employing a diverse, sustainable and highly skilled workforce makes an excellent employment opportunity.
Here at our employees are what keep our business going. We reward our employees by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k with company match
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Searles Valley Minerals on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.