Animal Behavior Associate Job NORTHEAST ANIMAL SHELTER Salemby admin on October 8, 2020
NORTHEAST ANIMAL SHELTER Jobs 2020Description :
Do you love animals? Do you want to help us prepare shelter animals to live in loving homes? If you answered "Yes!", we'd love to hear from you!
Northeast Animal Shelter is seeking a compassionate applicant with a strong desire to join a team dedicated to helping both people and animals. Our behavior associates work closely with the director of behavior and the behavior team to implement, support, and grow our new behavior program to its full potential. They will work directly with shelter cats and dogs, evaluating their behavioral health and implementing training plans to increase their adoptability and quality of life in the shelter.
Qualified applicants will have:
- 2 years of experience in animal sheltering, animal training or equivalent
- CPDT-KA or equivalent certifications highly desirable
- the ability to lift, push, pull or carry objects and/or animals weighing up to 50 lbs.
Applicants should also possess strong customer service skills as they will support the director of behavior in providing post-adoption and surrender prevention services.
- Conducts shelter behavior assessments
- Assists in developing and conducting training and behavior modification programs for shelter animals
- Helps to write and implement enrichment protocols for shelter animals
- Aids in placing animals with behavior concerns through specialized adoptions and foster care programming; includes behavior support for animals after adoption and while in foster homes
- Leads shelter dog play groups
- Teaches shelter dog classes and feline training sessions with non-behavior staff and volunteers, under supervision of director
Northeast Animal Shelter is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume. We will respond only to applicants being invited for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- animal training or sheltering: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPDT-KA Certification (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.