Physician- Northside- MP Job Howard Brown Health Center Chicagoby admin on more than 30 days
Howard Brown Health Center Job Vacancies 2020Description :
ABOUT HOWARD BROWN HEALTH
At Howard Brown Health, we cultivate a passionate, innovative and empowered workforce committed to furthering our mission to eliminate health disparities and improve the lives of LGBTQ people. At Howard Brown we are deeply committed to diversity, racial equity, and LGBTQ liberation, recognizing that when our workforce represents the communities we serve, we enhance our own experiences and the quality of our services.
We support this environment by:
- Hiring and mentoring a diverse workforce that reflects communities we serve
- Fostering the leadership of staff at all levels of the organization
- Creating a learning organizational culture with strong systems to support individuals’ success
- Celebrating the intersections of our diverse identities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off including three weeks paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive medical insuranceBlue Cross Blue Shield PPO and HMO
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) with employer match of up to 5%, vested after 90-days
- Flexible spending account (medical and dependent care)
- Pre-tax transit/parking benefit (no employer match)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% discount at Brown Elephant stores and numerous discounts with cellular providers and local businesses
The role of the Physician in a community setting is a response to society’s demand for accessible quality health care to all populations regardless of socio-economic status. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates entry of the patient into the health care system, by assessing the primary health care needs, including eliciting comprehensive health histories, performing physical examinations, ordering and/or performing pertinent diagnostic tests, analyzing collected data to determine client health status and formulating a problem list (diagnosis.)
- Provides coordinated, continuous and culturally competent primary health care to clients that span the health continuum through mutual goal setting and planning delivery of care
- Prescribes a variety of treatment modalities to meet health and illness needs
- Collaborates with advanced practice nurses and community health nurses and other medical providers to assure that health teaching and counseling is provided
- Manages and evaluates the plan of care, process and outcome and then modifies the plan as needed.
- Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
- Adheres to collaborative practice principles of respect and joint decision making when:
- Providing clinical supervision of the medical care delivered by the advanced practice nurses and Physician Assistants
- Consulting with health team members about managing the client treatment plan.
- Following clinical practice standards (protocols) related to each health care providers role and responsibilities.
- Assures access and continuity of care by providing call for after-hours coverage. Assures continuity by obtaining hospital privileges at designated hospitals
- Collaborates with other multidisciplinary professionals and community agencies to provide high quality care
- Seeks opportunities for community and professional outreach to maintain and increase patient referral base Outreach activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Providing training and presentations on health care issues to multi-disciplinary professionals and community agencies.
- Attend community health fairs.
- Disseminate information about health center and services provided to other agencies or health care professionals.
- Coordinates services in conjunction with other team members to meet patient’s primary health care needs and to ensure the continuity of care.
- Incorporates and disseminates research findings as a basis for practice and to improve health care outcomes.
- Assumes the responsibility for maintaining competence in clinical practice by:
- Engaging in mentor relationships with experienced mid-level providers and physicians to gain clinical expertise.
- Developing and maintaining a patient panel as clinical competence is achieved to enhance continuity of care and meet Organization productivity standards.
- Participating in appropriate educational activities in order to maintain Board certification and continue professional growth.
- Provides cost effective Organization productivity requirements by practicing collaboratively with the advanced practice nurses and the community health nurses to prevent the duplication of services.
- Practices within the legal and ethical guidelines established by the Medical Practice Act, the Physicians Code of Ethics and the Specialty Standards of Practice.
- Documents comprehensive, accurate and continual data on clients’ records and program reports according to Organization standards.
- Adheres to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, American Medical Association (AMA), American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), American College of Physicians, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, American academy of nurse practitioners, American academy of physician assistants, private funding sources, Organization plans/policies and Unit guidelines. Participates in periodic evaluative reviews and/or in-house and external staff training to ensure that he/she understands and continues to adhere to such standards.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Interpersonal SkillsFocuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Quality ManagementLooks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- ProfessionalismApproaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Graduation from a college or university accredited by the American Medical Association with a Doctor of Medicine degree or accredited by the American Osteopathic Association with a doctor of Osteopathy degree. If medical education occurred at a foreign medical school, the applicant must possess a current Educational Council Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG) certificate. Successful completion of an approved program of residency. Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of the principles and practice of medicine and the structure and function of community health centers.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Skills in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Illinois Physician licensure, plus current DEA registration, Board certification in a specialty area (must be completed within two years of employment), documentation of a Medical Degree from an accredited school of Medicine, documentation of residency completion in a specialty area from an accredited residency program and Physician National Data Bank verification of legal claims history.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit.
- The employee must use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee must reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Howard Brown is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage people of diverse ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, disabilities, religions, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, abilities, work, and life experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Howard Brown Health Center e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.