Accountant Job Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center Panama Cityby admin on November 11, 2020
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center Jobs 2020Description :
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Shift: Full time DaysRotating Weekends
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area’s only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital’s cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital’s quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
POSITION SUMMARY:Performs accounting duties as required for the operation of the Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain unclaimed property file and submit to corporate by deadline
- Perform quarterly petty cash audits within appropriate time frame
- Assist in the month-end closing process to ensure accurate reporting of financial information
- Enter all required stats into QMIRS accurately in a timely manner and ensure all stats are updated as new stat reporting guidelines are issued
- Help in the preparation of financial work papers for various internal and external agencies
- Ensures the facility is in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) policies when completing SOX monthly requirements
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and correct any variances in a timely manner
- Ensure OTC checks are handled according to internal control policies and distribute special handled checks according to facility disbursement policy
- Assists with the accounts payable workflow (letter/package mailing and invoice distribution) to ensure timely submission of invoices to the AP department at the CSC, and prepare month-end AP accruals
- Assists with the preparation of budgets for the hospital
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar: 401(k) with an employer match up to 9% Employee Stock Purchase Plan Tuition Reimbursement Paid Family Leave Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision And much more!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- 4 year/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Ability to work as a team member and work alone
- Effectively communicate both written and oral and follow instructions
- Proficient in or knowledge of a variety of Microsoft applications
- Detail oriented with ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Effective organizational skills to handle multiple priorities and manage stress
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.