FRONT DESK Job Borinquen Health Care Center Miamiby admin on October 4, 2020
Borinquen Health Care Center Jobs 2020Description :
Borinquen Medical Centers is based in Miami, Florida and is seeking to hire a full-time Front Desk Clerk to join our team. Under general supervision, the front desk clerk will be responsible to register and verify insurance of patients attending the clinic and ensuring that all policies and procedures are observed. Front Desk Clerks must assist with supporting planning, coordinating and fulfillment of the administrative activities of the department, including excellent customer service. Prepares forms, verifies insurance benefits, and explains financial requirements to patients.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews in-coming patients for medical, psychiatric, and/or hospital care to obtain demographic information, authorizations for treatment, and related information and consent; Completes full registration including insurance and sliding scale updates when applicable.
- Counsels patients and families regarding financial issues such as insurance, eligibility for assistance, sliding fee scales, verifies insurance coverage with insurance companies with and without the electronic medical system.
- Confirms patient services needed, schedules appointments in electronic system while following provider appointment electronic orders when necessary.
- Update meaningful-use and UDS check in requirements followed by input of charges into electronic medical record system; researches missing information and obtains signatures and release forms.
- Leads, trains, and guides the activities of other clerks engaged in patient registration.
- Requests updates in training and/or refresher courses from supervisor to maintain quality standard in skills pertinent to the position.
- Provides assistance in the planning, coordination, and implementation of clerical, data entry, and operating procedures within the department; Provides general information; receives and directs visitors and/or patients; Schedules patient appointments for treatment.
- Maintains bi-directional communication with patient services and communication center about all department and customer care issues or changes.
- Directs patients requesting to be seen as a same day appointment to assigned clinical staff for evaluation of clinical needs.
- Assists in education of patients about company policy and procedural changes when applicable.
- May contact attending physicians regarding services required by patient, evaluations needed, and obtain relevant medical records.
- Creates claims for each encounter when applicable to department maintaining communication with billing department and providers in reference to said claims as per approved work flow.
- Supports supervisor and billing department in monitoring of missing slips and claims on hold when applicable to department.
- Assist the supervisor as unusual problems arise; Support staff in assigned project based work.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent registration and medical records experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with consumers, administration, faculty, and staff; Handle the information with high level of confidentiality.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Short Term Disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Standard Paid Holiday's
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Amazing Team & Atmosphere
For more detail information, please refer official source from Borinquen Health Care Center on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.