Asst Division Head Homeland Protection Air Traffic Control Job MIT Lincoln Laboratory Lexingtonby admin on June 30, 2020
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Hiring 2020 - MIT Lincoln Laboratory call a new official to fill Asst Division Head Homeland Protection Air Traffic Control Division that will be placed in Lexington.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Recruitment 2020Description :
The Homeland Protection mission area focuses on the joint needs of both the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense in preventing future attacks against the United States; responding decisively to natural and man-made disasters; securing air, maritime, and land borders from the transport of weapons of mass destruction; protecting critical infrastructure; and preventing and responding to a chemical or biological attack.
The Air Traffic Control mission area works primarily under the sponsorship of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to develop advanced technology for improving the safety, efficiency, and capacity of the future national airspace system. Work includes integrating manned and unmanned aircraft systems, and developing sensors and decision support tools to reduce weather impact on air travel. The division also seeks to expand the portfolio into broader transportation domains.Job Description
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is currently seeking an Assistant Division Head to join the senior leadership team of the Homeland Protection and Air Traffic Control Division. This Division leads the development of systems and technologies to support the current and future needs of the U.S. government in two of the Laboratory’s mission areas.
- Collaborates heavily with the Assistant and Full Division Head in adapting the strategic plan of the division to the evolving needs of the U.S. government
- Works with multiple line managers in the division to guide the maturation of the division’s system and technology initiatives
- Initiates and sustains relationships with new and existing sponsors connected to the mission areas, potentially leading to new research and development programs within the division
- Defines and leads critical studies to help guide and support the initiatives of senior leaders within the Federal Government
- Contributes to the career development, goal setting, and evaluation process for the division’s employees.
- Helps establish and champion the division’s diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assists with formulating operating policies and procedures and may assume the duties of the Division Head during the Division Head’s absence.
- The ideal candidate will have 15 years of relevant technical experience with 10 years of progressive leadership experience leading a technical organization in the research and development industry.
- Ph.D. in physics, engineering, mathematics or Master’s degree with relevant experience.
- Experience leading systems analysis efforts, technology assessment and technology roadmap development, and prototyping activities is highly desired.
- Experience initiating new research and development programs sponsored by the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, NASA, or NOAA. Experience working on multiagency programs strongly desired. Knowledge of managing and leading within the guiding principles and restrictions of an FFRDC are also highly desired.
- Knowledge of technology efforts with the Department of Transportation is desired.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 29711
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Asst Division Head Homeland Protection Air Traffic Control Division Lexington July 2020 MIT Lincoln Laboratory above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Lexington below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.