MS Chemist/ Medical Laboratory Technician Portland Job Interpathby admin on September 11, 2020
Interpath Laboratory Vacancies 2020 - Interpath Laboratory present a chance to fill MS Chemist/ MS Medical Laboratory Technician, Portland that will be placed in Portland.
Interpath Laboratory Recruitment 2020Description :
The MS (Mass Spectrometry) Chemist will be responsible for performing analysis on biological specimens and generate data related to health and toxicology. The MS chemist will prepare samples, operate and maintain laboratory instruments, maintain documentation, and perform statistics quantitation regarding concentration and method validation. The MS Chemist will operate in a safe manner and strive for excellence in laboratory function and productivity.
- Bachelors of Science (Chemistry preferred) with 2 years laboratory work experience (MS preferred)
- Masters of Science (MS related thesis preferred)
- Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
- Experience with LCMS, ICPMS, NMR and Immunoassay testing. (Preferred: TQMS, ICPMS)
- Basic life support/CPR.
Ensure accurate and timely testing of collected specimens.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Wet Laboratory and Sample prep for MS, including SPE, derivatization, dilute and shoot, concentration, centrifugation, pipetting etc. Also automated sample prep (preferred Hamilton)
- Runs, tunes, calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots MS instruments. (Preferred: familiarity with Agilent and Mass Hunter software)
- Interprets results and validates methods concerning carryover, sensitivity, linearity, specificity, matrix effect, extraction efficiency, analytical recovery, dilution integrity, and stability
- Organize and maintain some clerical work as well as data entry.
- Generates reports, develops methods and standard operating procedures. (Preferred: familiarity with LIS/LIMS environment)
- Works with and properly disposes hazardous material, both biological and chemical
- Understanding of validation requirements for CLIA-regulated environments.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Work with other co-workers to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Perform research on new methods, procedures, or projects as required. Perform special projects as directed by manager.
Expectations for all Employees:
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of laboratory operations. Assume service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
General Physical Requirements:
Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, sitting for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently life and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Applicant must be able to handle stress triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Interpath Laboratory e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.