Cook *Under New Management!* Job Hallmark Living Benton Harborby admin on more than 30 days
Hallmark Living Benton Harbor Jobs 2020Description :
SUMMARY: The Cook is responsible for food preparation in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Dietitian and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in developing, implementing and coordinating department policies, procedures, and food service manuals.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending physician. Assure that food is available for preparation by cooks.
- Coordinate food services with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s dietitian and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all food service procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- One (1) year dietary/food experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred but not required.
- Must have State Food Service Sanitation certification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
1385 E Empire Ave, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.