Inpatient Service Spec Job Children #039 s Hospital Colorado Auroraby admin on more than 30 days
Children's Hospital Colorado Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated three times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?Additional Information
Department: Level Six-Surgical
Hours per week: 24, eligible for benefits
Shift: 12 hour day shifts with weekends and holidays required
The Inpatient Service Specialist (ISS) provides administrative and high level customer service support to patients, families and internal team members. The ISS facilitates the Patient-Family Experience in the inpatient units at the main campus. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients and families to various locations; collecting information from patients/families and entering it into a medical records system; answering and routing telephone inquiries; interacting with patients and families in order to determine and best meet their needs; and copying, scanning and/or filing various documents.
Level 6 Surgical Inpatient Unit is a 72 bed unit encompassing three different service lines and 14 sub-specialties. With an impressive team comprised of providers, bachelor’s prepared nurses, clinical assistants, mental health counselors and inpatient service specialist, Level 6 prides itself on providing excellent quality of care to its patients. Patients, including trauma, solid-organ transplant, burns, general surgery, plastics, urology, colorectal, bariatrics, neurology, neurosurgery, epilepsy monitoring, orthopedics and rehabilitation, receive state of the art interventions and treatments, as well as specialized nursing care. Level 6 nurses are hand-picked to care for primary specialty populations, for which they receive extensive specialized skills and content education and are encouraged to pursue specialty certifications. Due to the variety of patients that can been seen on Level 6, clinical nurses can expect to care for up to 4 acutely ill patients that would normally be seen in a step-down unit. As a result, Level 6 nurses exhibit exceptional time management and delegation skills. Low turnover rates and high employee engagement scores only elude to the incredible teamwork and camaraderie of the clinical team. Level 6 offers an incredible opportunity to care for a variety of patients within a specialty, while fulfilling the desire to critically think, challenge one’s skills and make a life-long impression on the life of a patient and their family. Here…it’s different. Here…you are different.Responsibilities
Population Specific Care
- No direct patient care.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Facilitates family and patient orientation to the unit/clinic, inclusive of all patient and family amenities (videos, kitchen, lounge, phones, data ports, and etc.).
- Conducts patient and family rounding to ensure patient’s/family’s comfort level and to provide excellent customer service.
- Provides general support for administrative functions and processes that support a department and its team members.
- Arranges and schedules meetings ,including conference calls and seminars.
- Creates and maintain files and/or filling systems.
- Provides a high level customer service support and assistance to patients, families, physicians and internal team members.
- Performs reception duties utilizing various systems including telephone, fax machine, mail services, and email and copy services.
- Performs data entry functions, including patient demographic information and patient updates in a medical records system.
- Performs responsibilities related to creating patient identification cards, including photographing patients.
- Supports patient safety by adhering to all infection control policies and safety guidelines.
- Utilizes and remains up-to-date with department office operations and established policies and procedures.
- BUILDING CUSTOMER LOYALTYMeeting and exceeding internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- COLLABORATINGWorking cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- COMMUNICATIONConveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNINGActively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY – Is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce; recognizes the value of diverse perspectives and experiences and fosters a work environment reflective of the community at large.
- MANAGING WORKEffectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- QUALITY ORIENTATIONAccomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of basic office equipment.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
Guidelines: Guidelines are generally numerous, well established, and directly applicable to the work assignment. Work assignment and desired results are explained by general oral or written instructions.
Complexity: Duties assigned are generally repetitive and restricted in scope but may be of substantial intricacy. Employee primarily applies standardized practices.
Decision Making: Decisions or recommendations on non-standardized situations are limited to relating organizational policies to specific cases. Brings non routine issues to supervisor. Problems that are not covered by guidelines or are without precedent are taken up with the supervisor.
Communications: Contacts with the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, gathered, or presented and some degree of discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
Supervision Received: Under normal supervision, within a standardized work situation, the employee performs duties common to the line of work without close supervision or detailed instruction. Work product is subject to continual review.Qualifications
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE – One year of administrative/clerical experience in a customer service environment.
- EQUIVALENCY – A relevant associate or bachelor degree may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio Visual: Hearing: Good
- Motion: Bend : Up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Reach up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Carry up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Pull up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Push up to 1/3 of the time
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs. or more, up to 1/3 of the time
- General Activity: Stand/Walk up to 4hrs a day
- Use of hands/feet: Precise Motion Function (or fine manipulation)
- Equipment: telephone, computers, fax machines, copiers, reading reports/graphs
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to cold/heat: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to infectious disease: Occasional
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Children's Hospital Colorado on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.