Store Manager Job Golden Pantry Food Stores Inc Dahlonegaby admin on more than 30 days
Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc. Jobs 2020Description :
Store Manager Job Description
Reports To: District Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
OBJECTIVE Provide a management level directly responsible for implementing the mission statement of the company within a single retail profit center so that the sales and bottom line profits are maximized.
JOB STATEMENT The store manager will accomplish this using various management skills to recruit and hire, train and develop, supervise and positively motivate store personnel according to action plans agreed upon with the district supervisor. Can decide to perform non-exempt work, but is still responsible for the overall success of the operation.
- Smile, speak to, and respond to customers.
- Stand and/or walk up to eight (8) or ten (10) hours per day depending on shift assignment.
- Read, write, hear and understand the English language.
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations in order to make change, complete end of shift reports and account for a variety of inventory products.
- Have sufficient vision to check identification, process transactions, read measurements, and fill out paperwork
- Read and understand instructions for operating cash registers, fuel pump controls, money order machines and other equipment.
- Lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, soda, beer and juice, etc. in a safe manner at least once per shift.
- Squat, bend at waist, twist, grasp, reach and manipulate objects from ground to overhead to stock shelves.
- React to a fire by lifting and transporting a fire extinguisher to the fire area.
- Bend and remove metal plates and underground tank caps in order to check fuel levels.
- Climb a ladder to clean windows and retrieve materials.
- Sweep and mop floors, dust shelving and lift and carry trash bags to outside bins.
- Sweep parking lot and clean outside grounds and equipment.
- Enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Utilize a hand truck, flat cart, mop, broom, degreaser, and various cleaning solvents.
- Complete daily paperwork and other periodic reports accurately and on time
- Supervise employees effectively
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The specific responsibilities for the Store Manager's position are as follows. The store manager may also be required to perform the unique duties and responsibilities of the assistant manager position if there is no one in that position or as the need arises.
Recruiting, Staffing, Personnel Development
- Maintains personal appearance according to standard
- Recruits continuously; seeks the best candidates available in terms of attitude and skills.
- Follows company hiring and training procedures.
- Creates a labor schedule that meets the three requirements of customer needs, company operations, and payroll budget, and posts employee labor schedule on time.
- Ensures that all store employees have the proper skills necessary for their position.
- Periodically evaluates the skill level of each employee and identifies weak areas
- Works in conjunction with the training department to improve the skills of each employee
- Develops at least one employee to whom Store Manager duties can be delegated effectively.
Sales and Merchandising
- Enacts company promotional campaigns on time.
- Ensures that all customers receive the service promised in the mission statement.
- Sets individual sales goals with each store employee.
- Ensures unit is open and all products and services available to customers during operating hours.
- Merchandises product according to store plan-o-grams, following “first in-first out” rotation
- Orders stock according to merchandising goals and projected sales.
- Sets store objectives for each of the following areas based on overall company goals and works to accomplish those objectives through effective management:
- Sales (All products offered for sale) – Payroll Expense – Asset Loss (Waste, Spoilage, Cash, and Inventory) - Facility Maintenance – Inventory Level
- Communicates objectives to all store employees and assigns tasks as necessary.
- Oversees employees and store operations ensuring compliance with government regulations; company policy; and safety procedures.
- Stays familiar with company manuals, bulletins, and other communications.
- Protects company assets at all times.
- Completes an Incident Report for all warranted events and forwards to Risk Management.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Ensures that a report of store and food service operations and a bank deposit is completed on a daily basis.
- Performs periodic store inspections to identify areas that do not meet operating standards, and reports any safety needs or concerns to Risk Management.
- Ensures that all federal and state required postings and the Hazard Communication Guide are current and accessible to all store employees.
- Ensures that all employees are following federal, state, and local laws and company policy concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
- Ensures that a “Person In Charge” is designated as required by health regulations.
- May manage subordinate supervisors in the Assistant Manager position. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these supervisors.
- Directly supervises 0-25 non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages all key areas of food service operations within their respective store by performing them personally or through subordinate employees.
- Ensures that the standards of any operations within the store are met, including additional training that is required
- Ensures food quality and safety standards are met through equipment cleaning, proper hygienic practices, and proper food storage and display.
- Trains all food service staff in quality and customer service performance standards.
- Communicates new procedures to staff and manages implementation
- Orders and maintains food service inventory.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc. on following link below :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Store Manager Dahlonega August 2020 Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc. above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Dahlonega below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.