Hospitalist Job Ghost Rx Montroseby admin on more than 30 days
Ghost Rx Jobs 2020Description :
Needed for Submittal
§ Cover page that includes: Name, Address, Phone number, and current and valid email address
§ Most Current CV
§ Documentation of Board Certification or Documentation of Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine
§ Documentation of Medical Degree
§ Documentation of current, valid, and unrestricted medical license from any state
§ Current and Valid copy of DEA license
Hospitalist, Hudson Valley Health Care System
Place of Performance: Franklin D Roosevelt VA Medical Center 41 Castle Point Rd.
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590 (40 beds)
Franklin D Roosevelt VA Medical Center 2094 Albany Post Rd.
Montrose, NY 10548 (120 Beds)
Period of Performance: Approx 1 Feb 20 – 31 Dec 20 plus option 4 option years
Shift Expectations: Monday through Friday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Weekends: 8:00 a.m. Saturday through 8:00 a.m. Monday
Federal Holidays: 8:00 a.m. on the holiday through 8:00 a.m. the day after the holiday
- License – shall have a current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia) when services are performed onsite on VA property. All licenses held by the personnel working on this contract shall be full and unrestricted licenses. Contractor’s physician (s) who have current, full and unrestricted licenses in one or more states, but who have, or ever had, a license restricted, suspended, revoked, voluntarily revoked, voluntarily surrendered pending action or denied upon application will not be considered
- Board Certification - All contractor’s physician (s) shall be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, or General Surgery.
- Experience - Candidates must have three (3) years of experience in the field at the minimum. VA experience is preferred but not mandatory. All continuing education courses required for maintaining certification must be kept up to date at all times.
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Management of the medical aspects care of inpatients on all units, Castle Point: E-2 Acute Med/Telemetry/ Medical Observation and H-1 Extended Care Unit. At Montrose 4CD Acute Psychiatry Unit, 4AB Intermediate Psychiatric Unit, 6AB Extended Care Unit and 6CD Extended Care. Along with monitoring 28/52/15CD Residential Care Units.
- Evaluation and management of clinical issues and changes arising during the coverage period.
- Round on each patient on the E-2 Acute Med/Telemetry/ Medical Observation and H-1 Extended Care Unit. At Montrose 4CD Acute Psychiatry Unit, 4AB Intermediate Psychiatric Unit, 6AB Extended Care Unit and 6CD Extended Care and write at least one progress note during the shift regarding each patient. Additional documentation for changes in clinical status is expected.
- Will Evaluate ALL inpatients (Medical and Psychiatric) at their bedside in a timely manner. Whenever there is a new complaint, a change in the clinical condition of the patient, or the nurse calls the MOD (Medical Officer the Day) , the MOD must physically assess the patient and document the findings electronically
- Urgent Room or inpatient consultations will be handled as follows:
- Urgent Room at Montrose will be open from 8am-8pm and 8am-6pm on weekends.
- Urgent Room at Castle Point will be open 24 hours a day.
- The Hospitalist will evaluate the patient and determine who should be admitted.
- If admission is indicated, the Attending Surgeon on-call will then decide whether to: see the patient him/her self and evaluate/admit the patient.
- Contract physicians will be fully cognizant of procedures concerned with the determination of blood compatibility in blood transfusions and will be responsible for verification of compatibility.
- Contract physicians shall be familiar with Medical Center Disaster Policy and is responsible for treatment of casualties until the arrival of additional VA medical staff and it is deemed that the contract physician is no longer needed.
- Contract physicians shall be familiar with Code Blue Policy.
- Contract physicians shall screen calls from private and VA physicians regarding referral and/or transfer of patients to other Medical Centers.
- Duties for Community Living Center coverage
- Rounds, admissions or discharges are NOT part of the coverage on the nursing home/Community Living Center.
- Contract Hospitalists will respond by phone to urgent calls that cannot wait until the attending of record returns the next business day.
- If acute work-up, ED stabilization or acute admission is deemed necessary, arrangements will be made directly with the ED provider or admitting team.
- Telephone consultation with the Geriatric Department Attending on-call is available
- Medications: All contract physicians shall follow all established medication policies and procedures. No sample medications shall be provided to patients.
- Discharge education: All contract physicians shall provide discharge education and follow up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting, if required.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- All application will kept strictly confidential.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Hospitalist Montrose July 2020 Ghost Rx above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Montrose below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.