Enviromental Service Aide Job MedStar Health Clintonby admin on July 25, 2020
MedStar Health Jobs 2020Description :
- Job Summary To perform routine manual housekeeping work cleaning areas within any area of the MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 to 3 years minimum experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow the policies and procedures for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center.
- Ability to read, write and speak or communicate in English to successfully accomplish the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior that supports the hospital’s mission, values and commitment to compliance with all federal, state and regulatory laws. Inspires trust and exhibits honesty and integrity within the scope of daily activities.
- Exhibits professionalism, courtesy and excellent customer service, while interacting with patients, guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge to understand and follow all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and use of personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning patient care areas.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies and prepares solutions according to procedure.
- Loads service carts and transports to assigned work area.
- Cleans by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions.
- Cleans by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings. Ventilators, patient televisions, and windows.
- Sweeps and mops hard floor areas, vacuums carpets, and spot-cleans carpets using appropriate solutions, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment when needed.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical.
- Cleans equipment and notifies supervisor or director of equipment needing repair. Reports all safety hazards to the Director.
- Return unused supplies to the Environmental Services closet, cleans carts and equipment and ensures all items are replaced in an orderly manner. Collects waste from assigned areas of the hospital, sanitizes waste cans.
- May be asked to collect soiled linens and/or distribute clean linen.
- When assigned, collects bio-hazardous waste using procedure established by the infection control committee. Packages bio-hazardous waste in a special closed container, carefully following packaging procedures and regulations established by EPA, OSHA, and DOT; and transports containers to a storage point to await pick-up by hospital carrier.
- Clean and prepare patient rooms after patient discharge including isolation rooms.
- When assigned, clean in operating rooms and all preoperative areas using hospital approved procedures and germicidal cleaning solutions to maintain antiseptic conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
For further information, please refer official source from MedStar Health on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.