Adjunct Instructor Of Biology Job Warner Pacific University Portlandby admin on more than 30 days
Warner Pacific University Recruitment 2020Description :
’s Commitment to Diversity: is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community which reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: An Adjunct Instructor of Biology reports to the Chair of the Division of Natural Sciences and Health and is responsible for teaching one or more courses related to biology or closely related topics. This may include lecture and/or laboratory sections. At , Anatomy & Physiology courses in the traditional program serve students majoring in Biological Science and in Kinesiology department majors; other biology courses typically serve students majoring in Biological Science or taking courses to meet general education core requirements.
- Teach assigned courses, including lecture and/or laboratory sections in courses including, but not limited to: anatomy & physiology, general biology.
- Develop a syllabus using provided course outcomes, usually based on previous syllabi.
- Develop learning and assessment activities appropriate for the particular course.
- Articulate and model current best practices in teaching.
- Work with students for understanding outside of class, either in person or virtually, as necessary.
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner.
- Maintain a course website ensuring full course access for students unable to attend in person for valid reasons.
- Submit grades and an electronic copy of the gradebook in a timely manner at the end of the course; also submit grades electronically at mid-semester.
- Work collegially with faculty, staff, and students.
- Understand and promote the mission, values, and core themes of .
- Exhibit excellent communication skills in all interactions with faculty, staff, and students.
- Continue professional growth, including participation in orientation, training, and other professional development opportunities provided by the institution.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the university and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- For lecture-based courses: Graduate degree (e.g., M.S., Ph.D., Ed.D.,) in biology or related field; or graduate degree in education/teaching (e.g., M.A.T., M.Ed.) with B.S. and work experience in related field.
- For laboratory sections: B.S./B.A. from an accredited college in related area; may not be instructor of record without graduate degree.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Graduate degree in relevant field.
- College teaching experience in relevant curriculum.
- Experience teaching online or in varying modalities.
- Ability to educate and mentor traditional students.
To apply, please read the Employment and Lifestyle Standards statement below, then complete the online application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Please also submit the following with your application (you may attach these documents at the conclusion of the online application):
*Curriculum Vitae or Resume
*Essay Response to the Following Questions:
1. How does your personal faith reflect the principles stated in terms 1, 2, and 3 of the Employment Standards? (listed below)
2. How does your personal philosophy of education and commitment to the synthesis of faith and learning reflect the principles stated in items 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8? (listed below)
Employment and Lifestyle Standards:
Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) and maintains a covenant relationship with that body. Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
1. A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
2. The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
3. A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
4. A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
5. For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
6. A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
7. A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the community.
8. A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Bible as understood and generally held by the Church of God Reformation Movement.
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to . From its inception, the Church of God has resisted condensing the Scriptures into a formal creed, instead emphasizing salvation as the entrance into the body of Christ; unity in diversity; and a call to holy living as God’s people representing Christ in the world. Warner Pacific, rather than requiring subscription to an institutional doctrinal statement, asks each employee to affirm a personal faith in Jesus Christ by providing a statement articulating the ways in which faith informs the employee’s understanding of his or her vocation at Warner Pacific. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on campuses.
Commitment to Diversity:
is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Warner Pacific University on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.