Emergency Medical Technician- EMT Job American Ambulance of Visaliaby admin on June 22, 2020
American Ambulance of Visalia Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Transportation and care of sick and injured patients as assigned by dispatch and is responsible for the general care and cleanliness of assigned vehicles and stations as needed or required by the company.
- An EMT-IA shall be licensed or registered by the County of Tulare as at least an Emergency Medical Technician- IA.
- EMT-IA shall be capable of functioning as part of a team in a professional manner including, but not limited to all standards of health, safety, welfare and ethical behavior.
- Must follow the guidelines set forth by , the QI Coordinator, and any and all agencies having authority to create guidelines that would cause to have affect on the performance of the job of an EMT-IA.
- EMT-IA shall be capable of the physical movement of the patient from point of pick-up to point of delivery and must be capable of bending, stooping, twisting, and pulling with only the assistance of one other person.
- Shall have as a minimum level of education, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The EMT-IA will be responsible for the safe and appropriate care and timely transportation of the injured or ill patients, and will direct treatment of the team in accordance with local protocols, practices, and medical control, as directed by the Senior Technician.
- Must be able to operate an ambulance/Medivan in a safe and legal manner under varying conditions to respond to and transport patients as directed by the Senior Technician. This is to include being an insurable driver according to the standards of the company's insurance.
- Responsible for his or her own conduct and personal appearance.
- Is responsible for the correct and timely completion of all paperwork (including invoices, forms, checklists, etc.) as directed by the Senior Technician.
- Will be responsible for the condition of the assigned vehicle including cleanliness inside and out, and good condition of all equipment, as directed by the Senior Technician. This also includes the cleanliness of unit and station and maintenance of daily duties as directed by management and/or the Senior Technician. (The senior technician is the EMT-II who has the ability to make such decisions in the absence of management).
- He/she will report to their Senior Technician any and all malfunctions of, and/or damage to any equipment whether or not the employee was using or operating the equipment at the time of the damage or malfunction. He/she will be responsible for the replacement of missing equipment (equipment listed on the daily check-off list).
- Responsible to assure that all ambulances are parked inside the garages during the night hours and during adverse weather conditions, as directed by the Senior Technician.
- The EMT-I is responsible for preparing and instructing EMS related continuing education classes as assigned by the QI/Training Coordinator.
- The EMT-I is responsible for attending all mandatory training and meeting sessions as required by the company.
- The EMT-I is responsible for attending an average of 3 (three) continuing education credits every three months of certification. Documentation must be made available to the QI Coordinator. C.E. approval is based upon Tulare County EMS approval and requires the appropriate EMS number and approval.
- The work statements for this position are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification of EMT-IA. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to American Ambulance of Visalia website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.