Medical Assistant Job Premier Group of the Hudson Valley Poughkeepsieby admin on more than 30 days
Premier Medical Group of the Hudson Valley Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The Medical Assistant functions under the supervision and guidance of the Clinical Director, RN Team Lead and/or Physician and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients and provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff.
*Must be able to travel to both Poughkeepsie & Kingston locations*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists physicians with patient office visits, including putting patients in rooms, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, and enters information in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Performs select clinical tests including, but not limited to; urinalysis, urine culture and sensitivity, pregnancy tests, blood glucose monitoring, bladder scans, uroflow, and urodynamics. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
- Sterilizes, packages, and autoclaves instruments, using proper sterilization protocols.
- Assists physicians with office based procedures and office based procedures under anesthesia by setting up proper equipment for specific procedures; participating in time out procedure; assisting in actual procedure.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
- Labels and processes patient specimens as needed, including tracking specimens in appropriate logs.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists in keeping accurate instrument counts
- Adheres to PMG policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, co-workers, vendors and the public
- Critical thinking skills and a positive attitude essential
- Travel to any of the Premier Medical Group locations is necessary
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Premier Medical Group of the Hudson Valley on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.