#034 Ending The Silence Presenter Job NAMI MiamiDade (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Miamiby admin on September 9, 2020
NAMI MiamiDade (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Jobs 2020 - NAMI MiamiDade (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is looking for the best people to apply "Ending the Silence" presenter that will be placed in Miami.
NAMI MiamiDade (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Job Title: presenter for the “Ending the Silence” program
· Outline of your story living with a mental health condition
· As little as 3 hours per week up to 15 hours per week
Mission: to provide education, support and advocacy for people living with mental health conditions and their loved ones.
NAMI Miami-Dade is a 501(c)(3) that was restarted 4 years ago and is the local affiliate of NAMI National.
“Ending the Silence” program:
1) 3-module mental health education and prevention program for:
- Middle and High School Students
- Their Families
- School Staff
(2) 50-minute or longer presentation that teaches:
- Warning Signs
- Facts and Statistics
- Resources to help themselves, friends or family members
(3) Personal testimony from two co-facilitators: a young adult in recovery and a family member
(4) Encourages youth and families to seek help. They realize they are not alone.
(5) FREE to the community
· Undergo both online and in-person (through zoom) training.
· Provide regular presentations following the certification training.
· Willing to adhere to the fidelity of the “Ending the Silence” presentation model which follows a structured format covering information about warning signs of mental health conditions, facts and statistics, and resources.
· Work in coordination with NAMI Miami in offering the presentations.
· Spearhead, with the assistance of the coordinator, presentation activities including preparation, execution and data reporting.
· Willing and capable to collaborate with a team.
· Participate in continuing education (calls, skill refreshers, etc.).
Desired Abilities, Skills and Experiences:
· Young adult living in recovery from a mental health condition; parent or caregiver of an individual living with a mental health condition; family member of someone living with a mental health condition
· Being comfortable speaking in front of a variety of audience, including middle and high school students, school professionals and parents.
· Being at a point to be able to speak openly and honestly about your experiences to others.
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout Miami-Dade County, requiring use of a personal vehicle. Currently presentations are being done online.
· Ability to use equipment such as projector and computer.
Background Check Required
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.