Detox Technician CMA Job BestCare Treatment Services Klamath Fallsby admin on more than 30 days
BestCare Treatment Services Job Vacancies 2020Description :
BestCare Treatment Services in Klamath Falls is recruiting for a Detox Technician, CMA! This is a Full Time regular position that includes a competitive benefits package, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and a retirement account option. This position will be required to work nights and weekends with 12 hour shifts.
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for this exciting position.
Located in beautiful Southern, Central Oregon, and surrounded by scenic beauty, quaint farms, and ranches, Klamath Falls, Oregon, is home to scenic mountain lakes, hiking and biking trails, golf courses, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit as well as its rich mix of cultures. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes, and breezy high desert plains. Klamath Falls is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including Klamath Lake, world famous Crater Lake National Park, and Lava Beds National Monument just to name a few.
For a video tour of Klamath Falls, take a look at this video:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
Title: Medical Assistant
Program: Detox and Residential Treatment Programs
Program Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Supervisor: Nursing Supervisor and/or Detox Program Manager, Medical Director
Employment Status: Full Time Regular, Part Time Regular, or On-Call
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
General Duties: The medical assistant will work in conjunction with the RN/LPN to perform medication management for residential clients, perform routine medical procedures, triage, coordination of care, and to assist with detox duties including intakes, transfers and discharges as needed.
- Reports to: Nursing Supervisor and/or Detox Program Manager, Medical Director Employees
- Supervised: None
Language: English – written & spoken required; bi-lingual preferred
Education / Licensure: Medical Assistant (MA), equivalent or higher level of training
- Manage residential client medications
- Administer daily medications for residential clients
- Process new medication orders
- Update electronic medical records (EMR) with med changes
- Create and print out MARS
- Order medications for clients as needed
- Complete medication pre-authorization’s as needed
- Administer controlled medications and tapers
- Manage residential medication inventory form – at both intake and discharge
- Inventory medications – checking for low supply, expiration dates, etc.
- General Detox Duties
- Assist with Detox intakes as needed
- Assist with Detox clients vitals and CIWA/COWS
- Clean Detox area and client’s rooms – sweep, mop, wipe down area, empty trash, etc.
- Change linens as needed
- Laundry as needed – client and facility
- Order and track all weekly routine lab orders
- Conduct residential labs – blood draws, urinalysis, etc.
- Inventory all supplies and order as needed
- Take and record vital signs/daily weights/blood glucose monitoring/insulin/injections
- Coordinate care with PCP office including;
- Notification letter
- Set-up follow up PCP appointment for after graduation
- Assist with ride/transportation coordination for medical visits
- Triage medical concerns and pass on to RN as indicated
- Nursing file notes as needed for medical concerns
- Clean nursing station – sweep, mop, wipe down counters, empty trash, etc.
- Contact on-call providers as needed for medical concerns
- Gather health information to complete intake forms with new residential clients including nutritional screenings, health history and standing orders
- Review medications with client at discharge and ensure client has adequate supply and understanding of medications
- Venipuncture for stat lab orders
- Answer phones, review emails and respond as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred. May accept compensatory combination of education and on the job training.
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tool and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook and website maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon and prescribed by the Medical Director.
Please complete an application using the link below by printing, filling out, scanning and returning the document along with a cover letter, resume, personal email address for communications and contact information for three supervisory references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
- Medical Assisting: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Klamath Falls, OR 97601 (Required)
- First Aid CPR AED (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Written/verbal Spanish/English (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through BestCare Treatment Services system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.