Senior Metallurgist Job Metalwerks Inc Aliquippaby admin on more than 30 days
Metalwerks, Inc. Recruitment 2020Description :
Metalwerks, Inc. is currently hiring for the position of Senior Metallurgist.
Metalwerks, Inc. is in Aliquippa, PA and has over twenty years of melting and processing of vacuum melted specialty metals. We operate five vacuum melting furnaces and bar processing equipment at our facilities in Aliquippa, PA. We serve customers in the medical, industrial, and aerospace industries as well as research and development projects. We offer an opportunity to join a growing company with a passion for meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
We are looking for a passionate and driven metallurgist with experience with vacuum melting and processing of Iron, Nickel, and/or Cobalt based superalloys and/or Titanium/Zirconium alloys. The qualified person in this role will assist with melt formulations and process development as well as coordinate forging, rolling and/or heat treatment of ingots into mill forms. Additional responsibilities include interaction with sales during quotations to review specification requirements and developing viable manufacturing processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make an impact in a growing metals company as we are seeking someone looking for long term growth and development.
- Assist with melt formulations and processes development.
- Assist with melt scheduling, raw material inventory levels and supporting production to ensure meeting of melt schedule.
- Assist with processing of ingots to mill products by creating production routers, ensuring outside conversion sources follow processing parameters, developing new processing parameters and new conversion sources.
- Support sales in the review of specifications and product requirements to ensure melting and processing capabilities are in alignment with customer specifications.
- Five years or more experience with either melting or processing of iron, nickel, cobalt, or titanium alloys.
- Strong communication skills and able to interact with employees, customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and general computer operations.
- Ability to think critically and multitask.
- Detail Oriented
- Bachelors degree or greater in Materials Science, Chemistry or other technical field.
- More than ten years’ experience with vacuum melting in the production of Nickel, Cobalt and/or Titanium Alloys.
- More than five years’ experience with processing and finishing of Nickel, Cobalt and/or Titanium Alloys.
- More than three years’ experience interacting with customers in the metals industry.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, vision screening, and background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test (hair and urine) and random drug tests.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Metals Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Aliquippa, PA 15001 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
For more detail information, please refer official source from Metalwerks, Inc. on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.