Senior Analyst Accounts Payable - ANL717 Job Xcel Energy Hendersonby admin on September 15, 2020
Xcel Energy Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at could be just what you’re looking for.
Identify and resolve invoice and payment process and system issues. Identify and implement process improvements. Performs vendor and departmental account reconciliations, assists in month end financial closing and accrual reporting, and maintains compliance with Company policies and generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP). Provides work direction, training and daily process guidance for team.
- Problem/Process Resolution: Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on AP processes and systems and Business Area liaison for escalated issues. Identify, investigate, and resolve complex exceptions for manual and automated transactions (EDI, ERS, etc.). Resolve recurring problems, make recommendations and implement procedural changes. Validate and post complex or critical vendor invoices. Lead Goods & Freight Receipt/Invoice Receipt (GRIR & FRIR) and MRBR reconciliation clean up and root cause initiatives.
- Reporting/Reconciliation: Assist in month-end financial closing and reporting processes, including accruals. Review and perform account reconciliations with PO, non-PO and Service Entry Sheet vendors to ensure timely payment, payments are properly recorded and any identified discrepancies are properly resolved. Develop, report and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics to align with departmental and company initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement: Work with suppliers and internal partners to identify and investigate process issues. Design and implement process improvements. Leverage EDI technology for invoice processing and ensure all forms of EDI transactions are properly transmitted. Act as IT liaison to lead AP projects and upgrades.
- Training/Work Direction: Create or update standard operational guidelines. Trains and provides guidance to team, enterprise-wide partners and suppliers on processes and guidelines. Provides daily work direction to team members.
- Audit: Conduct reviews of critical processes and documents to ensure compliance with departmental, corporate, and regulatory guidelines. Respond to all internal and external audit requests. Provide enterprise wide direction regarding policies and procedures based upon audits performed.
- Transactional: Request new vendor setup/vendor corrections. Accurately process complex or critical invoices. Review, analyze, and troubleshoot invoice and payment issues by effectively working with suppliers and internal partners. Ensure compliance with associated corporate and regulatory requirements (IRS, FERC, SOX) using a variety of systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Supply Chain or related field and 3 years’ experience in accounting or supply chain related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay, Accounting and Supply Chain processes/procedures and GAAP.
- Proficiency in enterprise systems for payment and imaging processes and Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- SAP experience.
- Prefer knowledge of Business Objects or similar reporting tools.
- Must be customer focused, self-motivated, results and team oriented.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to train others.
Prefer leadership experience.
Posting Notes: COHenderson || COHenderson || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75280:Accounts Payable || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 24420 Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Law, ERP, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Technology, Energy
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.