Animal Care TECHNICIAN Job Foothills Shelter Goldenby admin on more than 30 days
Foothills Animal Shelter Jobs 2020Description :
Reports to: Animal Care Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Schedule: 40 hours, variable, 10 hours/4 days per week
Mission and Values: Foothills Animal Shelter’s mission is: Providing support to our surrounding community
through education, services that strengthen the human-pet bond, and humane care for the animals we serve.
All employees and volunteers are expected to embody the Shelter’s Values which are to have honesty and integrity
in all that we do, with the following values as our guide:
- Stewardship: Assume responsibility and ownership for our actions within our shelter and our community.
- Positive Culture: Create a safe, supportive environment for the health, wellbeing, and development of
- Openness: Nurture an innovative, inclusive, and creative environment that cultivates conversations and
- Team Oriented: Build relationship, embrace teamwork, and foster collaboration in pursuit of our Mission.
The Animal Care Technician ensures that all animal housing areas are clean, disinfected, and maintained per the
Shelter and Pet Animal Care Facilities Act (PACFA) standards.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize animal kennel and other work areas.
- Provide care, health, and handling of the animals.
- Assist with coordination of kenneling and movement of animals.
- Direct and provide guidance for animal care volunteers.
- Interact with other departments and assist with additional animal care services such as delivery of
- Monitor and maintain food and supplies.
- Perform or assist with maintenance of equipment.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform data entry and documentation to update animal records.
- Follow proper safety procedures and meet standards, reporting concerns or violations to the Animal Care
- Provide the best care possible to animals in the Shelter’s adoption kennels, stray kennels, receiving areas,
- Communicate supply needs to the Animal Care Lead or Manager.
- Support enrichment programs.
- Perform euthanasia as dictated by the policies of the organization in a timely and compassionate manner,
per DEA requirements.
- Handle and dispose of euthanized animals humanely and properly.
- Notify the Facilities Superintendent or Director of Operations of maintenance and repair needs.
- Take immediate action to address hazardous situations.
- Ensure staff and volunteers follow appropriate safety measures.
- Promote teamwork by demonstrating a cooperative, flexible, adaptable and helpful attitude with all staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Safe animal handling skills including dogs, cats, and critters.
- High attention to detail and an ability to complete work without close supervision.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Ability to make recommendations for continuous quality and process improvement.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, and the public in
- On-call availability and flexibility to handle urgent situations.
- Ability to manage difficult people/situations calmly and effectively.
- Strong critical thinking skills and a knack for making sound judgment calls under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer use.
- Strong commitment to the welfare and proper treatment of animals.
- Ability to work 8 to 10 hour shifts.
- Availability to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Noise, odors, chemical fumes, animal hair and dander are encountered due to equipment and animals.
- Subject to animal bites and scratches.
- Must be able to manage the emotional aspect of end of life services and humane euthanasia, and support
- Irate and emotional individuals may be encountered.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodations.
- Frequent standing on concrete floors, bending, and stooping.
- On call 24/7 for urgent circumstances.
- Computer using Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet, and various office equipment.
- Cloud-based animal management software (PetData, ShelterBuddy, etc.)
- Vehicle, if needed.
- Maintenance/Cleaning Equipment and tools
- Animal handling equipment and tools: leashes/leaders, muzzles, hide boxes, shields, behavior assessment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fear Free Shelter certified or become Fear Free Shelter certified within 60 days of employment.
- Euthanasia certification or ability to become certified within six months of employment required.
About: As an open admission shelter, our doors are always open to pets in Jefferson County and we are committed
to serving our community as a socially-conscious shelter. We care for more than 8,000 orphaned cats, kittens,
dogs, puppies and critters every year with a compassionate team of 50 staff and 500 volunteers. We are a
community resource and offer a variety of services including pet adoption, Jefferson County pet licensing,
affordable spaying and neutering, vaccinations, microchipping and lost and found pets. The Shelter is established
under an intergovernmental agreement between Jefferson County, the City of Arvada, the City of Lakewood, the
City of Wheat Ridge, the City of Golden, the City of Westminster and the City of Edgewater.
Benefits: Foothills Animal Shelter offers a competitive total compensation package. Employees become eligible for
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, and an array of supplemental benefits at 60 days of
employment. Foothills offers coverage of the premiums for medical plans, dental, vision, life insurance ($10,000)
and long-term disability. Employees earn sick and vacation time each pay period, plus several recognized holidays.
After one year of employment, employees are eligible for a 401K retirement plan that we will match up to 3%.
Employees also have access to an array of discounted programs including pet food, cell phones, travel, pet
insurance, clothing, entertainment tickets, etc.
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications and experience as it relates to this
opportunity to [email protected] Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are
strongly encouraged to apply immediately.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Foothills Animal Shelter on following link below :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Animal Care TECHNICIAN Golden July 2020 Foothills Animal Shelter above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Golden below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.