Student Nurse - Med/Oncology Part Time Job Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Fallsby admin on November 23, 2020
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Recruitment 2020Description :
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Student Nurse Apprentice Part Time 312 hour shifts per two week pay period
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) includes a full-service hospital with 318 patient beds. It serves as the region’s healthcare hub, serving southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and parts of Montana. EIRMC is home to a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (of only two in Idaho), and the only Burn Center in the state of Idaho. Our ER is the most experienced in the region. The hospital's other specialty services include the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit capable of caring for babies born as early as 22 weeks gestation; the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Unit, the largest heart program in the region, a Behavioral Health Center which is a74-bed Joint Commission accredited psychiatric hospital and the region’s only Primary Stroke Center.
EIRMC is part of the HCA Healthcare networkwhich includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and EIRMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
NOTE: An assessment (that takes about 20 minutes to complete) will be automatically sent to you when you have applied for this position (unless you have completed it when applying for a previous similar type position). Please look for it in your email and complete immediately as to not impede the processing of your application
Unit Assignment: Medical Oncology aka 5th floor
Work Schedule Info: Preference will be given to candidates that have availability to work both schedules 7 a.m.7 p.m. AND 7 p.m.7 a.m., rotating weekends and holidays. Orientation: Must be available/able to attend Orientation which is Monday -Thursday 8 a.m.4:30 p.m. the first week you start.
- This Student Nurse Apprentice is responsible for providing basic nursing care, communicating and reporting essential information to the Registered Nurse.
- This position may perform all functions approved by the Board of Nursing for unlicensed assistive personnel as set forth in the rules of the Board of Nursing for the State of Idaho.
- Responsible for performing activities of daily living, which includes baths, peri-care and oral care.
- Assists with toileting needs.
- Obtains and records vital signs, weights, I&Os, pulse oximetry, and blood glucoses, reporting results outside defined parameters to licensed nurses in a timely manner.
- Provide hemovac care.
- Catheterize patients using straight catheter.
- Check for circulation, sensation and movement.
- Change non-sterile/sterile dressings
- May apply ostomy appliances.
- May discontinue peripheral IV catheter.
- Provide urinary drainage foley catheter care.
- May remove sutures, staples under direct supervision of RN.
- May suction oral, nasal, pharyngeal passages; no tracheal suctioning.
- May administer gastrostomy feedings through an established tube.
- May document interventions and patient’s response to care
- May assess Homan’s sign under direct supervision of RN.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include:
- Medical and Dental
- Flex spending, life, disability
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase
- Tuition reimbursement
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Certificate from the State Board of Nursing to practice as a Nurse Apprentice.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification (Offered in New Hire Orientation)
- NoteDo you have a student nurse apprentice certificate issued by the State of Idaho Board of Nursing?
If yesplease attach a PDF or JPEG of it to your application.
If notemail me at [email protected] and request an Student Nurse Apprentice Application. I will send it to you and when you have the certificate apply for the position.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.