Research And Development Technician Job Cafe Valley Bakery Phoenixby admin on July 7, 2020
Cafe Valley Bakery Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Position summary: A R&D Technician’s primary responsibilities will include expanding and improving current product lines and will be instrumental in the development of new product opportunities. As well as providing expertise in sourcing raw materials, nutrition & allergen labeling and support, product specification development and supplier oversight.
- Advanced mathematic skills to include, but not limited to, the ability to deduce averages, determine percentages, and use algebra to calculate differing throughputs
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to become AIB certified within 6 months of enrolling in the Advanced Baking Technology Course
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in food manufacturing/processing/bakery
- Knowledge of BRC/SQF requirement
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per production needs.
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Be available to work overtime per departmental needs.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Implement standards for existing product and process parameters
- Aid in researching parameters for purchased products including ingredients, work in progress and finished goods
- Work under the approval and direction of the Research and Development Supervisor to revise/improve existing baked products
- In cooperation with Production Management, continuously improve process parameters and product cost and quality
- Work under the approval and direction of the Research and Development Supervisor to develop new baked products
- Aid in creating new products
- Work with formulation and ingredients as appropriate to establish proper materials and parameters
- Work through the Research and Development Supervisor to establish product criteria
- Create samples for new offerings
- Conduct production line audits and develop data validating established criteria
- Work through the Research and Development Supervisor to present new offerings to Marketing, Retail and Manufacturing groups, as appropriate
- Follow policies and procedures for new product development including requests approved by the General Manager
- Maintain and update daily logs recording product performance
- In conjunction with the Food Safety Committee, develop, implement and maintain quality assurance procedures designed to meet governmental and industry standards for food safety
- Actively participate on the Food Safety Committee as directed
- Ensure Lean Manufacturing principles are utilized, and improvement ideas are generated and proposed
- Prepare necessary documents for line staff to check weights according to schedule on a daily basis
- Work with production supervisors, crew leaders, and operators to keep product within stated specifications
- Identify areas of process that are negatively affecting the flow of production and/or the finished product
- Aide in trouble shooting and corrective actions
- Work through the appropriate manager, supervisor, and crew leader to ensure all controlled measures are observed and maintained
- Act as a role model at all times by maintaining a clean and organized work environment and participating in the operation’s housekeeping programs
- Participate in a challenging, goal-oriented environment by communicating performance levels of the production teams with Production Managers and the Research and Development Supervisor for continuous improvement
- Identify needed improvement and participate in corrective actions
- Participate in efforts that improve processing methods, food safety and quality, delivery performance, housekeeping and the implementation of cost reductions
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to communicate quality issues to Supervisors to effectively correct the issues.
- Ability to observe and correct any unsafe conditions.
- Ability to lead by example in behavior, GMP’s, and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and thoroughly complete assigned tasks
- Ability to read and interpret standards and specifications
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Strong understanding of food safety and product quality systems.
- Commitment to food safety and product quality.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Physical demands and work environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, and visually inspect areas to be cleaned.
- Work environment: Heavy work exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Both inside and outside environmental conditions: Activities occur in coolers and freezers during shift. Exposure to cold and freezing temperatures in the coolers and freezers areas. Exposure to high heat while in the warehouse, especially during summer months.
- Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids. Floors in manufacturing areas may be
- slippery due to production debris on floor.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- BRC/SQF: 3 years (Preferred)
- food manufacturing/processing/bakery: 3 years (Preferred)
- Research & Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- spanish (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
For more detail information, please refer official source from Cafe Valley Bakery on following link below :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Research and Development Technician Phoenix August 2020 Cafe Valley Bakery above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Phoenix below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.