Ops Manager - Station Job FedEx Ground Careers US Aztecby admin on more than 30 days
FedEx Ground Careers US Recruitment 2020Description :
This is a frontline manager position that supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages specific day-to-day operations and an assigned staff within a station or hub. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Package Handlers. The Operations Manager may also manage administrative employees and functions and ensures administrative processes are compliant with FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.Essential Functions
- Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations within the station or hub
- Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable)
- Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
- Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs
- Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate
- Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, and dock safety
- Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level Operations Managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred
- One (1) year management experience required in transportation industry or related area.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
- Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications
- Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Address: 3000 Pepsi Way
State: New Mexico
Zip Code: 87410
Domicile Location: P874
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.