Senior Cytotechnologist Job UC Davis Health Sacramentoby admin on more than 30 days
UC Davis Health Recruitment 2020Description :
In support of UCDHS' mission of "improving lives and transforming health care," the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine provides high quality diagnostic and therapeutic care to patients, both UCDHS' and its affiliates’, through the examination and interpretation of tissues, blood and other body fluids. Our laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP),and is located in three distinct facilities: the Surgery and Emergency Services Pavilion (SESP), the Pathology Building, and the Specialty Testing Center. The department is one of UCDMC's largest ancillary services with annual gross revenues of $415m, expenses of $65m, and more than 250 employees across 20 distinct units and accounts / cost centers.
Final Filing Date :5/8/2020
Salary Range :$43.39 - $57.27
Salary Frequency : Hourly
Appointment Type : Career - This is an Internal/External recruitment. UCDHS applicants will have first consideration.
Percentage of Time :100%
Location : Pathology Building / Cytology Lab
Union Representation :Yes
Benefits Eligible :Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
This position supports the departmental purpose by performing evaluations of cellular material for abnormalities, to correlate present materials with past materials and/or material currently under evaluation in other areas of the laboratory, to present evaluations to the Pathologist for final diagnostic evaluations.
- Must possess a valid State of California Cytotechnologist license
- Must possess and maintain ASCP Cytotechnologist certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a cytotechnologist in a hospital setting within the last five years.
- Experience performing rapid on-site evaluation procedures and adequacy assessments.
- Ability to evaluate 19,200 gynecologic slides, 7,800 non-gynecologic slides per year, when no other duties are required, or proportionally less when other duties are required.
- Ability to diagnose accurately to meet State and Federal requirements.
- Ability to determine clinicopathologic correlations.
- Possesses effective written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Hospital and Laboratory Information System (LIS), EMR, email, Internet, Microsoft Office and data management software.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and team management skills to effectively collaborate with physicians, technologists, nursing and other staff.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workflow to complete tasks in a timely manner, and to function in a capacity to meet established turnaround times.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills and utilize resources effectively for resolution.
- Ability to work productively in a busy and complex environment, meet deadlines and to remain flexible within a variety of changing demands.
- Possesses knowledge of and applies the principles of Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Quality Improvement.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Must be willing to work variable shifts, take call as needed, and work overtime within UCDMC Policy and Procedure; adhere to no smoking, dress code, tardiness, telephone and safety policies and protocols; work in isolated building occasionally as only employee. Must have visual acuity/color vision to satisfactorily perform routine duties, utilize equipment within each specific section of department.
State of California, Department of Health License to practice Cytotechnology (CLM) American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Cytotechnologist Certification (or equivalent such as IAC or CMIAC)
California State License for Cytotechnology must be current and renewed every other year.
Twelve continuing education units are required annually.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Senior Cytotechnologist Sacramento August 2020 UC Davis Health above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Sacramento below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.