Medical Assistant (32 - 40 Hours Per Week) #2425 Job Reedsburg Area Centerby admin on more than 30 days
Reedsburg Area Medical Center Recruitment 2020Description :
Specific Hours: 7AM5PM
Hours per week: 3240 hours
- Position Summary:
- Provides medical assistance in a multi-skilled allied health profession whose practitioners work primarily in an ambulatory setting such as medical office and clinic. The Medical Assistant functions as a member of the health care team and performs clinical procedures as directed/trained by MD or RN.
- Reports to Clinic Administrator or Clinical Facilitator
Primary Customer Served:
- Infant (31 days – 1 year)
- Pediatric (1 – 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 – 18 years)
- Adult (19 – 65 years)
- Geriatric (> 66 years)
- Community Agencies
- Social Work Team
Education and Training Required:
- Graduate from an accredited school where diploma in Medical Assistant is granted.
- BLS certified.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to deal with multiple priorities in a calm way.
- Required decision making and problem solving skills.
- Physical Demands:
- Frequently sits while performing the tasks of the role (scheduling, developing & reviewing protocols/procedures, job descriptions, etc.)
- Occasionally carry objects weighing less than 10 pounds.
- Occasionally walk and stand.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds while transferring and positioning patients and maneuvering equipment while using gait belts, transfer devices, etc.
- Occasionally bend to the floor, squat, kneel, crouch and reach overhead to assist with patient care or retrieve equipment or supplies.
- Occasionally handle objects, smell, feel, control knobs, switches and levers.
- Occasionally use sight capacities, including spatial, peripheral, colors & accommodation & depth perception.
- Frequently use near and far vision while reviewing patient records, computer screens, charts, hemoccult results, gauges on patient equipment, monitors, etc.
- Frequently utilizes simple reading skills and normal conversations.
- Occasional exposure to comprehensive speech, both simple and complex writing skills, basic and complex math.
- Frequently is exposed to low volume of speech with patients and telephone conversations with other members of the healthcare team, physicians, and family members.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Continual exposure to an inside, patient environment with occasional unpleasant odors or noises.
- Occasional exposure to low light or glare conditions.
- Potential Hazards:
- Occasional exposure to infectious blood/body fluids and diseases requiring infection control practices, red infectious waste.
- Occasional exposure to needles/syringes/sharps during medication administration, assistance with treatments, invasive procedures.
- Occasional exposure to chemical compounds of medications and treatments (chemotherapy) and cleaning agents such as Cidex.
- Psychological, Situational, Functional Factors:
- Frequent problem solving, analyzing, use of judgment and critical thinking in regards to changes of patient condition, environmental factors, flexibility.
- Occasionally be able to rotate shifts, and provide flexibility with work schedule.
- Frequently be able to work independently, take initiative, work closely and motivate others.
- Continuously plan and direct patient care, manage conflict and/or difficult situations.
- Occasionally prioritize work flow while maintaining speed, accuracy and consistency.
- Physical Demands:
For further information, please refer official source from Reedsburg Area Medical Center Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Reedsburg Area Medical Center, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.