Director Strategy Development Job L3Harris Technologies Melbourneby admin on April 26, 2020
L3Harris Technologies Recruitment 2020Description :
Director, Strategy Development
Job Code: IMS20201004-44297
Job Location: Arlington, VA or Melbourne, FL preferred
As a member of the Integrated Mission Systems Strategy team, the Director of Strategy, in support of IMS VP, Strategy, drives the strategic direction of the IMS Segment. They will lead the strategic planning process, assess market viability, prioritize investment direction, shape the portfolio and will provide consulting expertise and project management for specific strategic activities critical to the IMS VP, Strategy and Segment president. This role provides problem-solving leadership, conducts analysis and research, develops recommendations and communicates well-articulated conclusions verbally and through written presentation material to the leadership team. This role is a translator of market and business ideas into clear, concise and compelling strategic direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead key projects to drive the company’s overall Segment strategy.
- Provide market, portfolio and strategy thought leadership for the segment. Provide strategic advisement and recommendations to IMS VP Strategy, Segment leadership and the IMS Segment president.
- Develop and iteratively improve a cohesive, long-term Segment strategy that addresses market/customer needs, technology development, differentiated solutions, customer relationships and organizational alignment
- Lead the development of the annual Strategic Growth Plan process. Coordinate with Business Unit, Segment, and Corporate counterparts to ensure continuous alignment between strategies and investments. Structure work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high priority issues.
- Lead monthly IMS Strategic Campaign/Pursuit Reviews, working with IMS BD, Sector Strategy leads and Sector Presidents.
- Analyze market intelligence and industry trends to provide competitive analysis. Evaluate internal capabilities to identify interrelationships and synergies among businesses. Craft go-to-market and monetization strategies for products/services and customer segments.
- Create compelling executive-level and board-level business presentations to inform and facilitate decision-making. Translate complex technical and business information into visually-compelling and crisp messages. Help define a consistent approach and templates for creating and delivering presentations to leadership
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners for potential teaming opportunities to expand markets. Lead and develop analyst talent within the organization.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend potential acquisition, strategic alliance, and joint venture partners to accelerate growth and market reach.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Act as an advocate for change by designing, implementing, and supporting existing and new transformation initiatives.
- Evaluate and shape Segment portfolio focus. Recommend areas to increase and decrease emphasis including divestiture.
- Participate as a solution architect within the segment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience spanning global corporate strategy (ideally in the defense or aerospace industry or other relevant technology market).
- 10 years project management experience and skills, and/or market research and business development, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Top Secret or TS/SCI Clearance.
- Minimum of 4 years of consulting experience with a leading strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz).
- High level of business/financial acumen; global business acumen in defense or aerospace and/or relevant technology markets with broad knowledge of changing defense markets.
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis, communicates results effectively, and work with business partners in developing and implementing new methodologies and analysis to drive actionable results.
- Strong executive presence as well as the ability to effectively influence and make recommendations at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think abstractly and analytically to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to internal customers, teammates and external constituencies.
- High level of integrity, open and productive collaboration, teamwork across multiple functions within the segment.
- Proven proficiency to prioritize tasks and organize a workload to ensure most important issues are addressed first.
- Competency making decisions with imperfect and incomplete information.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.