MANAGEMENT ANALYST Job US Department of Housing and Urban Development Washingtonby admin on May 25, 2020
US Department of Housing and Urban Development Jobs 2020Description :
- Assess policy needs and develop policies to govern IT activities.
- Provide policy guidance to IT management, staff, and customers.
- Define current and future business environments.
- Conduct budget formulation and execution.
- Establish metrics to measure and evaluate systems performance and total cost of ownership.
- Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). This mission of OICO is to enable delivery of HUD programs, services, and management processes by providing high-quality information technology (IT) solutions and services. The strategic goals of OCIO are to: rapidly modernize HUD's information technology to support key business initiatives; transform the information technology infrastructure to adapt to and adopt emerging technologies; develop a cadre of highly capable IT professionals with mission critical competencies needed to meet the Department's goals; and provide secure, rapid, and reliable data and information to our customers.Qualifications
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-15, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Conducting studies to evaluate the overall effectiveness of an organization's programs; AND
- Presenting information to internal and external customers regarding solutions to program issues.
Time-in-Grade:Education Additional information
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-15, you must have been at the GS-14 level for 52 weeks.
Time After Competitive Appointment:
Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethicsHow You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communication, Planning and Evaluating, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)),you must receive a rating of at least 84 out of 100 to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
OtherDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
CURRENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEESDocumentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
- Submit a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing competitive service as Tenure 1 or 2 (Block 24), Position Occupied as 1Competitive Service (Block 34), current Grade (Block 18) and Salary (Block 20). Typically Award SF-50s do not provide the required information. If the full performance level of your position is different from the grade indicated in Block 18, please provide proof of the full performance level.
- If your highest permanent grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing that grade.
- If you are currently on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 indicating that type of appointment. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
Performance Appraisal (ALL APPLICANTS):
Submit a copy of all pages of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal, dated within the last 12 months, that includes the final rating. In cases where the performance appraisal is more than 12 months old, incomplete or unavailable, you must attach a written explanation of the reasons.
If you are applying under a special hiring authority (e.g. Military Spouses, Interchange Agreement, VEOA, Schedule A Disability, etc.), please see applicant guide for required documentation. In order to be eligible under one of these authorities, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP/ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents. If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Location Affordability Portal (LAP): The LAP provides estimates of household housing and transportation costs at the neighborhood level to help make more informed decisions about where to live, work, and invest.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The incumbent serves as a principal advisor to the Deputy Director, OCIO on matters involving a wide range of IT management activities that typically extend and apply to the entire Department.
As a Management Analyst , you will:
Not requiredSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authorities
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
All candidates who are: Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, Federal employees currently serving on a VRA, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement), or Land Management employees eligible under Public Law 114-47.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.