Nurse Educator Job US Department of Veterans Affairs Phoenixby admin on November 23, 2020
US Department of Veterans Affairs Recruitment 2020Description :
- Job family (Series)
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/03/2020.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level IAn Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level IIAn ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level IIIAn ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse IIA BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse IIIMaster's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (45 lbs and over); Heavy carrying (45 lbs and over); Straight pulling and pushing; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking and standing up to 8 hours; repeated bending; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; hearing aid permitted.
All registered nurses with less than 12-months of RN experience upon entry on duty (EOD) date, will complete a 12-month nurse residency program. The RN Transition-to-Practice (RNTTP) Residency Program complies with VHA Directive 1077. See https://www.va.gov/NURSING/workforce/RNTTP.asp for details. Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.Additional information
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
NOTE: Candidate's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Experience as an RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
OtherDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's (current/former Federal employees), etc.
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position locates within Education, Outcomes, and Special Procedures, Nursing Service at the Phoenix VA Healthcare System (PVAHCS), Phoenix, AZ. PVAHCS is a Level 1b major interdisciplinary teaching facility with functional service lines serving medical, surgical, mental health, and long-term care inpatients and outpatients with an Emergency Department and multiple community-based outpatient clinics (CBOC).
Provides a full range of nursing education to staff
2.1. Demonstrates consistent competence in providing nursing education
2.1.1. Facilitates learner development by assessing learner needs and providing multimodal instruction in a variety of settings
2.1.2. Manages a facility educational curriculum including curriculum development and evaluation of program outcomes
2.1.3. Demonstrates evidence of critical thinking skills in identifying, analyzing, and resolving educational issues
2..1.4 Provides evidence based nursing education
2.1.5 Utilizes a variety of teaching modalities as appropriate for the learning activity
2.1.6 Assesses the staff's learning needs, learning preference, and readiness to learn. Modifies teaching approach based on knowledge of human behavior, motivations, and reactions to situations.
2.1.7 Increases the scope of educational activities through train the trainer education, i.e. training Unit Based Nurse Educators, peer leaders, champions, ect. To improve the spread and penetration of the educational offerings.
Accurately documents the educational activities
3.1. Utilizes the electronic educational platforms in a manner that supports staff learning
3.2 Documents learning activities per the facility policy
3.3 Documentation is technically informative, complete, accurate, consistent, concise, and timely.
3.2. Evaluates and documents programmatic outcomes of the offered
3.4. Revises educational plan based upon on-going learner assessment and evaluation.
The Veteran Health Education Coordinator (VHEC) Nurse will:
1. Function as the designated focal point, coordinator, advocate, and liaison for all Veterans and family health education initiatives, programs and activities
2. Work with facility management to assure that the VHEC Program contributes to the facility's mission, goals and objectives
3. Demonstrate leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the development and management of the VHEC program
4. Provide consultation and training to interdisciplinary staff members regarding evidence-based health education interventions and skills, and health education program development to assure that VHEC programs, activities and services meet quality standards
5. Serve as the principal point of contact for all VHEC communications and reporting within the facility, among the facilities in the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN), with the Office of Veterans Health Education and Information (VHEI), and other program offices
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or lessYou may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.