Principal Hardware Engineer Job GTT Tewksburyby admin on more than 30 days
GTT Jobs 2020Description :
Experience the future of job applications! Click to complete a quick chat with our AI recruiter, Wendy, and tell her about your qualifications.
Principal COTS Hardware Engineer
- Our Client (IDS) has an exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer with a strong COTS computing and networking background to join our Hardware and Infrastructure team implementing the next generation RADAR solutions.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- COTS hardware infrastructure system design (e.g. X86-based processors); research and selection of servers, workstations, add-in interface cards, storage devices, networking, and other COTS hardware components from a variety of manufacturers
- System prototyping and integration in the lab to validate system engineering and initial deployment models
- S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts.
- Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills.
- Each section manager is responsible for their members' performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees' interests with the current needs of the project teams.
- 8+ years of experience in the following:
- Applied practice and knowledge of emerging and legacy hardware and software, including Unix and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure through a rigorous design and documentation process
- Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete COTS-based hardware design and then verifying the design via integration and test plans and activities
- Experience working in a lab environment and operating standard test equipment including oscilloscopes, processor bus analyzers, emulators, network data capture tools, etc.
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating in development with hardware engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, on-site installation and trades, and Customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Experience with RADAR systems
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Existing security clearance
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Use this link to chat with Wendy, our AI recruiter, to learn more about this position!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.