Dental Assistant Clinical - Full-Time Job Opelika Family Dr Robert Gamotisby admin on more than 30 days
Opelika Family Dental Dr. Robert Gamotis Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the current Dental Practice Standards. Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and often work chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. They make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records and utilize dental software programs to maintain patient and procedure records. Assistants hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices, and also sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
Dental Assistant Minimum Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have positive attitude, good team work, excellent work ethic, and excellent customer service presentation.
- 2 years Dental Assistant experience strongly preferred.
- Dental Assistant certification strongly preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services.
- Must be proficient and diligent in creating a Safe, Effective Environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Must have proficient use of Medical Technologies – 2 years experience using EagleSoft Clinical Management Software strongly preferred.
- Must have experience performing Diagnostic Procedures.
- Required to sit, stand, and crouch in dental procedure posture for extended periods of time.
Dental Assistant Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, and all OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records using EagleSoft Clinical Management Software.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential and in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting needed equipment repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; maintaining supply inventories and submitting low inventories to office administrator for timely ordering of replacement; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize office overhead.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains their personal work space with exceptional cleanliness, including removing all dirt and clinical debris from hygiene room work surfaces and floor. This includes all trash removal and sweeping and moping of floors as need between patients and at end of day to remove scuffs and marks from patient shoes, chairs, and discarded or dropped materials.
- May assist as necessary in Front Office administration, such as answer phones, check-in and walk-out procedures, and other administrative requirements as needed.
Dental assistants work in a well-lighted, clean environment. Their work area usually is near the dental chair so that they can arrange instruments, materials, and medication and hand them to the dentist when needed. Dental assistants must wear gloves, masks, eye wear, and protective clothing to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases. Following safety procedures also minimizes the risks associated with the use of x-ray machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.50 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- EagleSoft Clinical Management Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Dental Assistant, Clinical: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Dental Assistant (Preferred)
- General Dentistry
CDA/RDA License Required:
- Waiting period may apply
For more detail information, please refer official source from Opelika Family Dental Dr. Robert Gamotis on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.