Medical Assistant-Certified Job Moses Lake Community Health Center Quincyby admin on September 10, 2020
Moses Lake Community Health Center Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the patient care team in the Patient-Centered Medical Home. As such the Medical Assistant has an active role in planning, managing and coordinating patient care at the individual patient level and at the panel (population) level. Responsible for assisting Nurses and Providers in ensuring high quality patient care and efficient patient flow.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Participates as a member of the Care Team
a. Remains engaged and contribute in team huddles.
b. Gathers patient’s clinical presentation data and reports to decision maker as appropriate.
c. Orient/mentors new MAs
2. Participates in daily patient care (care management)
a. Completes Pre-visit planning.
b. Accurately completes Intake Form questions at every visit.
c. Accurately obtains and records patient vital signs
d. Provides interpretation in person and by phone as requested by the clinician or nurse
e. Provides warm handoffs to referral coordinators, behavioral health specialists, front office (CCRs) for follow-up
f. Assists with completion and transcribes Health History Form into the chart or as needed per clinic protocol
g. Follows the 7 rights of safe medication administration process
h. Meets Wellness Outreach goals- by providing basic patient education regarding the recommendations for age gender and disease screenings.
i. Documents all patient care including consent forms, procedures, medication administration, vaccination administration, etc.
j. Performs and documents CLIA Waived testing.
k. Recalls patients for pending labs.
3. Performs phlebotomy and waived Lab test duties (Same Day Clinic only)
a. Performs venipuncture per protocol
b. Centrifuges samples to separate blood on SST
c. Packages the samples, with orders and leaves in the appropriate area for courier pick-up
d. Runs quality controls for waived tests.
e. Completes testing and gives results to clinician.
f. Documents results on demographic sheet for Interpath Lab to enter into EMR Link.
4. Participates in Patient follow-up (Care Coordination)
a. Communicates to the patient normal laboratory and diagnostic imaging results as delegated by the Provider/Clinician.
b. Makes follow-up appointments as necessary.
5. Quality Control and Safety
a. Performs and documents quality control checks as assigned, including recording
b. QC for point of care testing, refrigerator temperatures, emergency supplies, and medical equipment
c. Adheres to outpatient facility clinical care OSHA Safety Standards.
d. Sterilizes medical instruments per clinic procedure
6. Actively participates in Quality Improvement efforts
a. Follows the Plan, including data collection, when participating in a PDSA cycle
1. Requires basic organizational skills, typically to organize own work
2. Job duties require the ability to work independently and as part of a team
3. Job duties are typically performed in response to workflow or ongoing direction by supervisors or others
4. Employees are able to effectively select from alternatives to situations encountered on the job
5. Duties require the compilation of information
6. Consistently exhibits all of the ’s Service Standards with patients and co-workers and contributes to a work environment that is supportive and values the contributions of each individual.
Professional & Technical Knowledge
Job duties require specific knowledge and training in medical assisting, typically acquired during completion of a (certificate or license program) in medical assisting with a duration of up to one year
Licenses and Certifications
Must be able to obtain Medical Assistant licensure with the State of Washington
1. Fully functional in use of the EMR program
2. Fully functional in WAIIS program
3. Maintains competency in all required medical equipment and procedures
4. Ability to create, send and manage email in Outlook
1. Job duties require the employee to effectively communicate basic or non-technical information to co-workers and others
2. Employees are expected to exercise tact and diplomacy in the resolution of mild conflicts or disagreements
3. Job duties require the effective communication of information in written (including electronic) correspondence
4. Job duties require the effective communication of information during informal and formal verbal presentations
5. Ability to read and speak Spanish and/or Russian
Work is performed in an office environment within the clinic
Additional Job Requirements
Complete annual mandatory education
Travel between work sites as needed
Blood/Fluid Exposure Risk
Category I: Tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact exposure to blood, fluids or tissue. Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), when appropriate, is required.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
- Frequent bending, walking, reaching and kneeling
- Good eyesight and vision for close work/computer screens
- Ability to communicate in person and on the phone
- Frequent use of the keyboard requiring manual dexterity
- Frequent writing requiring manual dexterity
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Moses Lake Community Health Center e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.