Assistant Teacher K-3 Job CharlotteMecklenburg Schools Charlotteby admin on more than 30 days
CharlotteMecklenburg Schools Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Working under the supervision of a teacher or principal, K-3 teacher assistants (TA) provide additional assistance and instruction to students. They assist the teacher in achieving the standards and objectives of excellence as set by . They work cooperatively with the principal and teacher in providing a classroom environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional programs and available curriculum and technology materials. They work individually or in small groups to reinforce instruction, monitor performance and support learning. This position also performs a variety of instructional and classroom management supports. They perform necessary clerical tasks to support teachers.
- Assists children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing students.
- Discusses assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observes students' performance and records relevant data to assess progress.
Education and Experience
- Completion of an Associate's Degree OR two years of higher education equivalent to 48 credit hours OR ability to pass a formal assessment (Workkey and 96 hours of in-service training) OR completion of the NC DOL Apprenticeship Program OR completion of the NC ATA Professional Development Plan
- Associate's Degree with a concentration in Education
- 2+ years working with elementary age children
Licensing / Certification Requirements
Please see attached job description for full details.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.