Driver Trainee *CDL Paid Training* Job Rumpke Cincinnatiby admin on more than 30 days
Rumpke Job Vacancies 2020Description :
A Driver Trainee will be trained by Rumpke to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with the goal of assuming the role of Driver with Rumpke. Driver Trainees begin employment in a Helper role while completing a comprehensive training program in preparation for taking the CDL examination. Working in tandem with a season Driver, Trainees assist in the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site, transfer station, or recycling plant while learning to safely operate heavy-duty trucks in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as company standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Learns to performs pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicle, documenting and reporting any mechanical or safety issues.
- Learns to operates vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements, all local, state, and federal laws, and Rumpke policies.
- Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
- Safely lifts and loads refuse/recycling completely empty trash/recycling receptacles into vehicle, leaving area clean of debris, while monitoring waste for evidence of unacceptable materials.
- Replaces trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Reports service issues, such as blocked alleyways, over-weight receptacles, safety hazards, or impassable streets, to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Immediately notifies Route Manager of any accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Works with Route Manager and Route Auditors to improve route efficiencies.
- Maintains and updates route sheets and driver logs.
- Clears waste from packer blade and truck body on each trip to disposal site or recycling facility.
- Attends scheduled safety meetings, information sessions, and trainings as directed by Route Manager.
- Performs other duties assigned by Route Manager possibly including assisting on other routes to meet customer needs.
- Successfully complete CDL training program and passes the state CDL examination.
- Completes one year of employment with Rumpke after obtaining CDL.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service oriented with desire to meet and exceed expectations.
- Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while maintaining a sense of pride in work.
- Time management skills to ensure duties are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Willingness to adhere to Rumpke polices and safety standards.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and perform physical requirements including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a class B CDL permit within 10 days of employment.
- Currently hold a valid DOT Medical Card or able to obtain within 10 days of employment.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $930.00 - $1,699.00 per week
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Local Driver
- Drivers (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
- Load/unload by hand
Type of Freight:
Home Time policy:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.