SALES CLERK (FLEX) - FINE JEWELRY PORT HUENEME Job Navy Exchange Service Command Port Huenemeby admin on October 9, 2020
Navy Exchange Service Command Recruitment 2020Description :
- Sells general merchandise to customers exercising professional selling techniques.
- Works as part of a sales team to provide service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and engages customers in conversation for purposes of providing sales related assistance.
- Assists in the selection of merchandise and suggests additional items to complement the customers’ selections.
- Where applicable offers customers the opportunity to purchase extended product warranties.
- Explains coverage benefits and price. Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner which includes adhering to NEX dress code uniform standards and assisting supporting sales team members to the maximum extent possible.
- Becomes knowledgeable regarding merchandise selected including proper setup use care characteristics of various product price points warranty coverage etc.
- Communicates product related information to customers knowledgeably and legibly.
- Ensures assigned areas are fully stocked and merchandise is neatly arranged.
- Communicates with supervisor store manager etc. regarding stock additions deletions fast and slow selling merchandise customer preferences needs problems etc.
- Participates in department meetings and actively seeks to exchange ideas regarding improvements in customer service job performance achievement of store department sales goals etc.
- Completes sales transactions efficiently.
- Thanks customers for their patronage.
- As required performs cash register transactions.
- Performs all types of cash register transactions cash charge check gift certificates layaway etc. in an accurate and procedurally correct manner.
- Advises customers of upcoming sales events and services available throughout the Navy Exchange such as gift wrapping engraving delivery gift certificates etc.
- Offers customers the opportunity to open a NEXCARD account and informs customers of NEXCARD account benefits.
- Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Richter Merchandising System functions and operation merchandise returns price matching check cashing rain checks etc.
- Handles customer returns and problems tactfully and efficiently.
- Applies store policies consistently and intelligently ensuring customer satisfaction as the end result.
- Maintains a high level of awareness in assigned areas and offers excellent customer service to all patrons internal and external in order to deter theft.
- Unpacks stages and moves merchandise as assigned.
- Assists in creating store displays and in performing periodic inventories.
- Completes paperwork associated with merchandise inventory movement price adjustments customer returns cash register operation etc. accurately and completely.
- Eligible for and participates in applicable commission and gain sharing sales incentive programs.
- Is required to lift up to 25 lbs. as it relates to job duties including but not limited to assisting customers lifting merchandise assisting with stocking sales area as necessary etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Graduation from a full 4 year or senior high school or possession of a General Education Development High School Equivalency Certificate GED may be substituted for the experience requirements. Schedule: Flexible (019.5 hours) Unposting Date: Oct 18, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
For further information, please refer official source from Navy Exchange Service Command on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.