Customer Service Field Technician Job Irvine Ranch Water District
Irvine Ranch Water District Recruitment 2020Description :
Effective July 1, 2020, the salary range for this position is $23.92 - $32.96/Hourly.
**This recruitment will close upon receipt of the first 100 applications so apply soonest possible.**
Irvine Ranch Water District is accepting application for a Customer Service Field Technician who under direct supervision will process computerized Alexander Contract Services (ACS) meter reads for billing and use IRWD's Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) system. The incumbent will read meters for specialized IRWD wells/routes; provide turn on and shut off services to designated meters; perform service disconnects associated with non-pay accounts; install temporary water meters; perform field maintenance; verify new residential and non-residential tract release meter settings for billing and collect GPS data.
- Performs field activities, including verifying and reading meter numbers, recording read on lap top computers, providing turn on and shut off services as required.
- Respond to assigned Customer Service Requests regarding excessive water bills and usage, check for leaks, misreads by ACS, and all other meter related problems. Enter findings into Field Mapplet System and/or CC&B system as required.
- Read, install, transfer and remove temporary construction meters and complete required paperwork. Flow test construction meters to ensure proper functioning and assignment of registers. Inspect and detect misuse or malfunction of meters/fire hydrants.
- Inspect, detect and report malfunctions in meters; verify reads, locations and other issues reported by ACS.
- Hang notices and collect monies upon request from delinquent accounts including reconnect fees, deposits and returned check fees. Disconnect water service for nonpayment, and reconnect upon receipt of payment.
- Participate in the Districts stand-by program.
- Read specialized IRWD routes including ILP, wells and sewer routes, construction meter route and IRWD facilities.
- Inspect and verify new tracts and commercial meter settings, noting locations, addresses, meter information and village. Flow test units, collect GPS points and note type of dwellings, fire line services or landscape.
- Perform field maintenance with regard to replacing meter lids or covers, cleaning dirt or debris from meter boxes and cutting or trimming vegetation covering water meters.
- Provide continuous contact with District personnel via 2-way radio and paging system and cell phones.
- Maintain District vehicle, tools, equipment and supplies in good working order.
- Participate in special projects as requested, including inventory and repair of construction meters, creation of specialized maps for ACS, address verification and marking of meter services, etc.
- Support mail services by performing duties such as, pick-up and delivery of mail to the various IRWD locations and personnel, processing District's mail using mailroom equipment, and delivery of mail to the post office (USPS) to ensure adequate coverage, as needed.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School graduation or equivalent required.
- Two years experience in a field/customer service environment, preferably in the water industry, public utility, or a similar environment required.
- Ability to read blueprints required.
- Computer experience in a Windows based environment desired.
- Valid Class 'C' California Driver's License required.
- Water Distribution Operator I certificate desired.
For a complete job description, please visit: Customer Service Field Technician
For details on our benefits, please visit: Benefits Information
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
- All application will kept strictly confidential.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Customer Service Field Technician Irvine July 2020 Irvine Ranch Water District above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Irvine below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.