Accounting Admin 4 Job K12 Inc Simi Valleyby admin on more than 30 days
K12, Inc. Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The Accounting Admin 4 within the Managed School Accounting (MSA) group is responsible for full-cycle accounting transactions, record-keeping and preparation of monthly financials for one or more locations of relatively lesser complexity due to their smaller size, reporting requirements, state regulations, etc. The position helps ensure regulatory compliance, performs financial analysis and audits and contributes to continuous process improvements. It will regularly assist more senior accountants in entering invoices and journal entries, performing balance sheet reconciliations, printing checks, assisting in the school audit process, etc.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Oversees full-cycle accounting transactions, record-keeping and preparation of monthly financials for one or more locations typically of relatively lesser complexity;
- Participates in month-end close processes and preparing monthly schedules for corporate including converting school financials to the corporate chart of accounts;
- Audits and substantiates financial transactions as well as maintains complete and accurate general ledgers; Utilizes financial skills to analyze the balance sheet and profit and loss statements for accuracy;
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance; Assists in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audit work when needed; Assists in preparation of audit schedules and support for external auditors; Participates in annual school audit, where required;
- Helps set-up accounting operations (i.e. chart of accounts, bank accounts, internal controls) for new schools as needed;
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations; Reconciles monthly balance sheet accounts;
- Regularly assists more senior team members in performing activities such as balance sheet reconciliations, entering invoices and journal entries, printing checks, assisting in the school audit process, California Use and Sales Tax calculations, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related area of study AND
- Five (5) years of accounting experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills – including the ability to read and write acceptable business English; Understands importance of responding to internal and external customer inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Possess great attention to detail while adhering to strict deadlines, willing and able to do what it takes to get the work done
- Experience with any of the following Accounting software: NetSuite, Quickbooks, Oracle
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (VLookup, Pivot Table Functions), Word
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience with NetSuite
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic, conversations, etc.).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
For further information, please refer official source from K12, Inc. on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.